Help! Voice Update Error, Voice Deleted — TomTom Community

Help! Voice Update Error, Voice Deleted

CaptSkibiCaptSkibi Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
I updated my VIA 135TM today, and one of the updates to choose was voices. With plenty of space on my device (microSD card inserted), space wasn't an issue. There was an error in the update, and now my normal US voice (speaks street names), which I think was Samantha, is now missing. How can I restore this voice?

This is the error in the log:
2021-04-13 08:17:05.171continued from Log-2021-04-13_08-17-05.txt
2021-04-13 09:06:28.268|33554532|Error|SupporterManager::onStatus|PND reports installation failed: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><jobprogress xmlns="http://www.tomtom.com/ns/device/1.0&quot; deviceid="BO6464D00919" progress="0" state="error" eta="0" triggerrequested="" devicestatuschanged="1618316287" />
Tagged:

Answers

• CaptSkibiCaptSkibi Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Alright, I figured out where Samantha is, and I have retried it. I simply went to My Content in MyDriveConnect, then scrolled down to voices. I was able to attempt the installation, but I get the same error message:
    2021-04-13 12:28:22.721|33554532|Error|SupporterManager::onStatus|PND reports installation failed: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><jobprogress xmlns="http://www.tomtom.com/ns/device/1.0&quot; deviceid="PRIVATE" progress="0" state="error" eta="0" triggerrequested="" devicestatuschanged="1618322992" />
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,847
    Superuser
    Hi @CaptSkibi

@VikramK or @lampard should pick this up tomorrow and add the voice to your account so you can download it.

Look back here tomorrow.

Doug
  • CaptSkibiCaptSkibi Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi @DougLap & @VikramK & @lampard

I was able to find Samantha in MyDrive Connect by going to My Content, scrolling down to Voices, and clicking on Add Voices.

The failure as described in the log file happens when I tried to add Samantha.

So, I tried adding another computer voice or 2 that were found in MyDrive Connect already. These seemed to go smoothly until I tried to switch to one of those voices on the device. When I switched to it, the unit basically crashed. A quick push of the power button would not turn on the unit.

A long press did turn on the unit, giving the drum boot-up sound with the TomTom logo on the left hand side of the screen. This condition remained for a long time. I looked up how to restore the device and managed to get MyDrive to show that it was restoring the device. Communication was established, and I tried to switch over to a recorded voice on my device before deleting the newest voices. The unit promptly crashed again.

Now, I can't even get the unit to boot at all even when holding the power button for an extended period of time. It has been charging for over four hours at this point, so it is not a dead battery. Help!