No map available after mydrive update — TomTom Community

No map available after mydrive update

Hi,
I connected my TomTom Start52 to MyDrive. It updated the device. However, after the update, the device displays no maps available. I emptied the download folder but it didn't help. When I checked my content on MyDrive, I couldn't find any maps available to install under my content. The device came with the lifetime maps but now it asks me to purchase the maps. Could @VikramK or others please take a look at this? Many thanks, Rukmini

Best Answer

• Jim07Jim07 Posts: 3,977 Moderator
    edited April 13 Accepted Answer
    Hello.

@Ruks You should be able to download the last map now ;-)

Cheers,

Jim

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,703
    Superuser
    edited April 13
    Hi @Ruks

The following video demonstrates what you should be able to do to resolve your situation. Sometimes your situation re not see map in My Drive seems to occur so then @VikramK or @lampard can usually allocate the map so you can proceed. They will be back on the Forum tomorrow so look back then.

Doug
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,220
    Superusers
    edited April 13
    Hi
    @Ruks
    Welcome to the site....

ojygt0eudev7.jpg
    What are the 1st 2 characters of the serial number ??? The two letters define the Tomtom Model....
    Does your Start 52 have 8GB or 16GB onboard Memory ???....
    The early 8GB NAV4 devices... The Maps fitted easily onto the 8GB of on-board Memory, but the Map sizes increases with every update... Now the 8GB limit on-board Memory size on the 8GB NAV4 devices is an unfortunate, but real Catch22 situation....

The latest NAV4 Full Europe Map size is now around 8.6GB
    The device also uses the onboard Memory for the Operating System + 400MB is used for working space and is considered the bare minimum free space for the device to operate....

@VikramK or @lampard one of the Forum Moderators will pick this up and add a small Map to the Account to get past the 'Catch22' No Maps Found error....

For More Info + Map Zone Options See Catch22... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1686043/#Comment_1686043

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Jim07Jim07 Posts: 3,977 Moderator
    edited April 13 Accepted Answer
    Hello.

@Ruks You should be able to download the last map now ;-)

Cheers,

Jim
  • RuksRuks Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi @Jim07, many thanks. I can now download the maps.
    Cheers,
    Ruks