why does my go professional not use toll roads when it plans a route

ianlench
ianlench Registered Users Posts: 9
Master Traveler
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
ilive in kent and a lot of my work takes me across the dartford crossing , when i plan a route to say thurrock tomtom will send me into london then across se london to tha a13 then on to thurrock copletely missing all tolls bridges and tunnels

Answers

• ianlench
    Master Traveler
    sorry forgot to say it is not set up in my setting to avoid these places
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,833
    Superuser
    Hi @ianlench

What map version do you have on the unit. I think the avoiding Dartford Crossing was solved with the latest map update v1065..

Doug
  • ianlench
    Master Traveler
    Hi Doug
    My version is 1065.10714 what’s funny is the my drive app on my phone does send me through the dart Ford crossing ta just my brand new Tomtom ( less than 2 weeks old) won’t do it
  • ianlench
    Master Traveler
    well ive been on to customer services for 1 1/2 hours and they have fried my brain at the end of this timei am no further forward than when i started they need to put people on there that can speak and understand the language they are dealing with i think ill have to retuen the tomtom under the sale of goods act as it doesnt do what it should
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,804
    Superuser
    edited April 2021
    Hi
    @ianlench
    Welcome to the site....
    Just a thought....
    Check... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Route Planning
    Scroll down to... 'When a faster route is available'... Have you set it to 'Always take the fastest route'
    I use... Ask me so I can choose... At least I know when the device thinks there's a faster route available, otherwise I would not be aware of the Route Change (The Original Route may have included a Toll Road)

Stay Safe... ATB YFM