How do I change the map language in AmiGo Android app? — TomTom Community

How do I change the map language in AmiGo Android app?

johnwhjohnwh Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
I am a long time user of a TomTom Go 6000. I live in the Republic of Ireland and I see that the displayed place names in AmiGo are in Irish by default. The vast majority of people in Ireland speak English as their primary language so it would be better to set this as the default map language for place names, etc as you do for the TomTom Go maps. Is there a way to set the default language to English in Amigo while preserving the option to display in Irish?

Thanks!

Best Answer

• johnwhjohnwh Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Accepted Answer
    I found the solution, I had English (Ireland) as the default display language on my S20, setting the default to English (United Kingdom) allows the place names to be displayed in English. This looks like a bug because the display language should English not Irish even for English (Ireland).

Answers

• johnwhjohnwh Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Accepted Answer
    I found the solution, I had English (Ireland) as the default display language on my S20, setting the default to English (United Kingdom) allows the place names to be displayed in English. This looks like a bug because the display language should English not Irish even for English (Ireland).