Apps fails to restore purchase — TomTom Community

Apps fails to restore purchase

CallahanCallahan Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hi,

I have just renewed by subscription through Google Play. The money was taken from my account for a year's subscription. The app however continues to prompt me to pay again for my subscription.

The email address on my TomTom account is different to that on my Gmail account that is tied to my subscription. Is this the cause? If so, I'm unsure of how to resolve as using the "Forgotton Password" with my gmail account fails as the account doesn't exist.

I've been going round in circles for a day and I'm very close to just getting a refund and moving to an app that works.

Can anyone tell me why this app is failing?

Thanks.

Best Answer

• CallahanCallahan Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited April 12 Accepted Answer
    Hi,

Thanks for your suggestions. I'd tried all of the steps above multiple times in multiple different ways as well as signing out of both the Play Store and deleting the TomTom app. I only have ones PlayStore account so the multiple accounts thing wasn't the issue. Nothing worked. Gave up and got a refund as it really shouldn't be this hard. Am now using a free app that does the job although not as good as TomTom. It's a shame as I really liked TomTom and had no issue paying for it each year but if it doesn't work and the only customer services that they offer is to send me to the Forums and hope someone answers, then that's no longer worth the money I'm afraid.

Answers

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,606 Moderator
    Hi @Callahan

Welcome to the Community! Yes, the GO Navigation subscription is linked to your Google account (that was used for purchase) and not TomTom.

I would advise you to log out from the app and quit. Restart the phone and try restoring purchases (From the main menu> TomTom Services> log in to your account. You can then restore your purchases here). Make sure you are logged in using the same account in Playstore (Before restoring purchases in the GO Navigation app)

Regards, lampard
  • CallahanCallahan Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited April 12 Accepted Answer
    Hi,

Thanks for your suggestions. I'd tried all of the steps above multiple times in multiple different ways as well as signing out of both the Play Store and deleting the TomTom app. I only have ones PlayStore account so the multiple accounts thing wasn't the issue. Nothing worked. Gave up and got a refund as it really shouldn't be this hard. Am now using a free app that does the job although not as good as TomTom. It's a shame as I really liked TomTom and had no issue paying for it each year but if it doesn't work and the only customer services that they offer is to send me to the Forums and hope someone answers, then that's no longer worth the money I'm afraid.