Renault Scenic TomTom Carminat — TomTom Community

Renault Scenic TomTom Carminat

Si191Si191 Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
I have just bought a Renault Scenic for my daughter & the TomTom isnt working correctly. I have a message saying 'you cannot use this map on this device: United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland-479.
I tried to update the SD card with HOME but its taking ages to open on my PC, so i managed to copy all files. Ive then used another SD card & copied all info onto it. Ive deleted the Loopdir folder & inserted into the card port in the car for activation, then ive tried to update the card on HOME but i still get the error message as above.

Any ideas?

Best Answers

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,229 Moderator
    edited April 12 Accepted Answer
    HI @Si191

Welcome to the Community! I've added the map to your device. Please remove the existing map first and download a fresh version offered as a download in TomTom HOME.

Regards, lampard
  • Jim07Jim07 Posts: 3,983 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Si191

TomTom Home should, automatically, offer you to download the last map. If it isn't the case could you just click, under the map, to "more info" and tell us what is the map version? 

Cheers,

Jim
  • Si191Si191 Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Accepted Answer
    Jim

Thanks for your assistance, ive copied all back-up files to the re-formatted SD card & it seems to have worked this time. Ive managed to remove the old maps & installed the new download ones. Now i need to post to my daughter to try in the car. Thanks again for everyone's help.

Simon

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,732
    Superuser
    Hi @Si191

@VikramK should pick this up and if appropriate can activate the Map for you.

Look back here later to see what he has to say.

Doug
    Hi guys, any update on this as my daughter is picking the car up this morning & I would love to have it sorted ready in time.

Cheers

Simon
    Superuser
    Hi @Si191

Sorry but @VikramK will not be back on the Forum until Monday I am afraid.

Doug
    Doug thanks for letting me know. Will it just be a case of updating the card via HOME, or will it have to go through the activation process in the car again? as my daughter lives 250 miles away.

Simon
    Superuser
    edited April 10
    Hi @Si191

I think this is likely to be the sort of reply you will get once he has activated the map.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1734609/#Comment_1734609

He may have to ask you for some more information regarding the unit so he can identify it and sort it.

Doug
    Thats great, thanks Doug.

Simon
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,229 Moderator
    edited April 12 Accepted Answer
    HI @Si191

Welcome to the Community! I've added the map to your device. Please remove the existing map first and download a fresh version offered as a download in TomTom HOME.

Regards, lampard
    Lampard

Thanks for your reply. I'm trying to remove the current map from my SD card in HOME, but when I tick the box, the 'remove items from device' tab doesn't highlight. Am I doing something wrong? See attached.

uwjfdx31oojl.png

Simon
  • Jim07Jim07 Posts: 3,983 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Si191

TomTom Home should, automatically, offer you to download the last map. If it isn't the case could you just click, under the map, to "more info" and tell us what is the map version? 

Cheers,

Jim
    Accepted Answer
    Jim

Thanks for your assistance, ive copied all back-up files to the re-formatted SD card & it seems to have worked this time. Ive managed to remove the old maps & installed the new download ones. Now i need to post to my daughter to try in the car. Thanks again for everyone's help.

Simon