My golfer 2 watch screen is garbled when in GPS mode- soft/hard reset not worked — TomTom Community

My golfer 2 watch screen is garbled when in GPS mode- soft/hard reset not worked

Malcolm-Ridgway1Malcolm-Ridgway1 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
Is there a way to reboot it properly?

Best Answer

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,729
    Superusers
    Accepted Answer
    You can try to let the battery completely drain out and then charge it and see if that helps but it is likely that the display is dying. Since TT does not offer a repair service and that product was discontinued years ago (TT Sports went out of business almost 3 years ago) it may be time for a new watch. There are plenty of brands out there with better feature sets for less money these days.

Answers

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,729
    Superusers
    Accepted Answer
    You can try to let the battery completely drain out and then charge it and see if that helps but it is likely that the display is dying. Since TT does not offer a repair service and that product was discontinued years ago (TT Sports went out of business almost 3 years ago) it may be time for a new watch. There are plenty of brands out there with better feature sets for less money these days.
  • WesleyTeagueWesleyTeague Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I am having the same issue on my Golfer 2. If i am scrolling through my time display and menu, there are no issues on the screen. As soon as i switch over to GPS mode the screen starts fuzzing. I have run mine through the battery cycles, hard reset it and it still does the same thing. Any help from TomTom support?
  • Malcolm-Ridgway1Malcolm-Ridgway1 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi I took the back off mine and shorted a few contacts (was going to remove the battery). This rebooted it properly and it is fine now. You need a small tire screwdriver.
  • Malcolm-Ridgway1Malcolm-Ridgway1 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Torx