Is there a fix yet on music stops when TomTom gives directions? — TomTom Community

Is there a fix yet on music stops when TomTom gives directions?

TEDSTEDS Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
Is there been a progress on the fix where TomTom voice over when music is playing instead of stopping the music permanently.

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,385 Moderator
    Hi @TEDS

Welcome to the Community! I don't have any updates yet but the team is working on improving the audio output channel in the app. Just to confirm, are you using the car radio (Bluetooth) to get the voice instructions?

Regards, lampard
  • TEDSTEDS Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Normally, I ran music app at the background while Tomtom is navigating. Once instruction is given. Music stops. Another instance, I tried playing music from the phone connected via BT while Tomtom is running in the android head unit. Music still stops and never resume. I also tried playing with different channels of the Audio Output in the Tomtom app settings. It didn't help.
  • szachowaszachowa Posts: 326
    Staff
    Hi @TEDS , what music app do you use?
    We could try to reproduce this locally. Any additional info that could help us with this issue would be more than welcome :)

What app version are you using? Could you please provide more details about your setup when using and not using the car head unit?
    I'm using musicolet to play music in the background. While Tomtom Go is the active screen. Music still gets interrupted and doesn't resume. I tried changing settings in music app called audio focus which didn't do much help as suggested in the different forum.
  • szachowaszachowa Posts: 326
    Staff
    Thanks, I will take a look at this issue whenever I find some free time.

I drive quite often with TT GO Nav and I have never experienced this issue. I used to use Google Play Music, then switched to horrible YT Music, nowadays I use AIMP player and it is OK.
    Thank you for the feedback. I'll try aimp maybe that would fix the issue.