Carminat Tom Tom Sd broken after update — TomTom Community

Carminat Tom Tom Sd broken after update

biggfuzzbiggfuzz Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
Hi, I own a Renault Scenic Xmod with tom tom carminat system. I updated the SD via TOMTOMHOME, after which I inserted the SD into the car, the update started but immediately after the screen continues to loop back to the hourglass screen and the one with a red X. After a few days I tried to insert the SD into the PC but it is impossible to read or format it.
Tagged:

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,550
    Superuser
    Hi @biggfuzz

Let us see if @VikramK can activate the map for you. Look back here on Monday to see what he says.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,388 Moderator
    Hi @biggfuzz
    Welcome to the community!

A map has been activated for your device. Please try the steps in the sequence mentioned below-

dpooaucd2q6v.jpg

Note: If the content in the image is not clear, just right-click on it and open it in a new tab or window.

Regards, Vikram
  • biggfuzzbiggfuzz Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hi @biggfuzz
    Welcome to the community!

A map has been activated for your device. Please try the steps in the sequence mentioned below-

dpooaucd2q6v.jpg

Note: If the content in the image is not clear, just right-click on it and open it in a new tab or window.

Regards, Vikram

Hi Vikram,
    Unfortunately it didn’t work.

I have formatted the sd card,
    Turned on the car, inserted the sd, waited a few minutes but when I checked on the Pc the sd was empty.

When I insert the empty SD in the car the screen shows me an image with a Red Cross in the center and it loops between that and a hourglass. I can send you a video of that.

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,388 Moderator
    Hi @biggfuzz
    What is the size of the new memory card you used?

A link to our support article with the list of compatible memory cards
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013900980

If the initialization process does not work then it's something you need to report to the car dealer.

Regards, Vikram
  • biggfuzzbiggfuzz Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hi @biggfuzz
    What is the size of the new memory card you used?

A link to our support article with the list of compatible memory cards
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013900980

If the initialization process does not work then it's something you need to report to the car dealer.

Regards, Vikram

It's the original SD 4gb SD