Transfer of information to the GO Discover tomtom — TomTom Community

Transfer of information to the GO Discover tomtom

BiganimalbergenBiganimalbergen Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited April 4 in GO Discover
Is there a way of synching/transfer of my place from my current unit to the new Go Discover
Please advise

Thanks
george

Best Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,621
    Superuser
    edited April 3 Accepted Answer
    Hi @Biganimalbergen

If your older model uses My Drive then to get the same My Places and My Routes on the Discovery as your old model syncs to MyDrive then all you need to do is add the Discovery to the same account as your old unit uses.

I assume you have not done this already and have used a different account for the Discovery. To use the same account on both units you will need to do a Reset Device on the Discovery and set it up again but inputting the old units account details. The Reset, which you will find in Settings/System, will not change the currently loaded Operation system or Map versions.

Be aware that there is an issue with units on the same account. If you are using one of the units and someone turns on the other one or is using My Drive then when they create a route that route is then also synced to the one you are using even if you are in mid journey. The solution to this is to only have My Drive working on units when you want to sync them to your account. This is done by Stop Syncing MyDrive on the units which has no detrimental effect on the devices normal operation. When you do need to Sync any of the devices it is just a matter of inputting the Password.

Currently if you have added any 3rd Party POI files to your old unit that are listed under My Places on it they will not be synced to the Discovery as it does not support 3rd Party POI files.

Doug
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,076
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Biganimalbergen
    Welcome to the site....
    Make sure you are logged into MyDrive on both satnav devices....
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> MyDrive....

Run the MyDrive Web Route Planner....
    Here... https://mydrive.tomtom.com/
    Login to the MyDrive Web Route Planner
    The Data should sync between the devices....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM

Answers

• rider1riderrider1rider Posts: 563 [Revered Pioneer]
    from which device
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,621
    Superuser
    Hi @Biganimalbergen

If your older model uses My Drive then to get the same My Places and My Routes on the Discovery as your old model syncs to MyDrive then all you need to do is add the Discovery to the same account as your old unit uses.

I assume you have not done this already and have used a different account for the Discovery. To use the same account on both units you will need to do a Reset Device on the Discovery and set it up again but inputting the old units account details. The Reset, which you will find in Settings/System, will not change the currently loaded Operation system or Map versions.

Be aware that there is an issue with units on the same account. If you are using one of the units and someone turns on the other one or is using My Drive then when they create a route that route is then also synced to the one you are using even if you are in mid journey. The solution to this is to only have My Drive working on units when you want to sync them to your account. This is done by Stop Syncing MyDrive on the units which has no detrimental effect on the devices normal operation. When you do need to Sync any of the devices it is just a matter of inputting the Password.

Currently if you have added any 3rd Party POI files to your old unit that are listed under My Places on it they will not be synced to the Discovery as it does not support 3rd Party POI files.

Doug
  • BiganimalbergenBiganimalbergen Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Guys,

Thanks for the response using a G520 to the Go Discover.
    My Drive account is the same for both units

g
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,076
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Biganimalbergen
    Welcome to the site....
    Make sure you are logged into MyDrive on both satnav devices....
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> MyDrive....

Run the MyDrive Web Route Planner....
    Here... https://mydrive.tomtom.com/
    Login to the MyDrive Web Route Planner
    The Data should sync between the devices....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM