hi. i have just brought a renault grand scenic. 2016. no tomtom sd card — TomTom Community

hi. i have just brought a renault grand scenic. 2016. no tomtom sd card

cliffbowlcliffbowl Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
i have tried to make a new map from a previous backup from another grand scenic i use to have.
but i get a error message saying
You cannot use this map on this device:
United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland-100565

if i cannot get it to work how do i know what carminat i have so i can try to get a new one.
thanks

Best Answer

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,158 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @cliffbowl

Welcome to the community! The map has been activated for your device. Please remove the existing map first and download a fresh version offered as a download in TomTm HOME.

This map should get your device back to working condition, however, the version is really old and might be missing several road changes over the years.

If you wish to update the maps then you need to have an active subscription for map update services, you can order it on our webshop

For the best navigation experience, TomTom advises driving with the latest maps....

Thanks, Vikram

Answers

Accepted Answer
    Hi @cliffbowl

Welcome to the community! The map has been activated for your device. Please remove the existing map first and download a fresh version offered as a download in TomTm HOME.

This map should get your device back to working condition, however, the version is really old and might be missing several road changes over the years.

If you wish to update the maps then you need to have an active subscription for map update services, you can order it on our webshop

For the best navigation experience, TomTom advises driving with the latest maps....

Thanks, Vikram
  • cliffbowlcliffbowl Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    where is it? am i being thick as i cannot find downloads.
    is it tomtom home via the app or tomtom home via internet?
    thanks
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,216
    Superuser
    Hi @cliffbowl

You need to use your PC with the Tomtom Home software running.

Doug
    do i have to buy a new map?
    thanks
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,216
    Superuser
    Hi @cliffbowl

@VikramK says he has activated a map for you so I would expect that it is there for you to load on the Card.

Doug
  • Willy875Willy875 Posts: 1,515 [Revered Pioneer]
    Hello a Renault Grand scenic. from 2016. It is the R-Link 2 GPS which is installed on your vehicle. You have to buy a new SD card from a Renault dealership.
    The car is not the new 2016 mk4 shape.
    It is the late mk3 2015-2016
    Still no joy with maps :(
    Hi @cliffbowl
    I have asked my team to refresh your TomTom account in our backend systems.
    Could you check for updates again, please?

Regards, Vikram