Temporarily deactivate speed alerts on the GO Discover tomtom — TomTom Community

Temporarily deactivate speed alerts on the GO Discover tomtom

HenriPHenriP Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
edited April 2 in GO Discover & GO Expert
In Switzerland it is not allowed to use speed alerts. How do I (temporarely) deactive these speed alerts? Using Go Discover 7 inch

Best Answers

Answers

• LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 15,445
    Superusers
    Accepted Answer
    Tap Menu/Settings/Sound/Messages and sounds/ and set the Swich "Kameras" to "off"

See side 10
    http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/TomTom_GO_DISCOVER/refman/TomTom-GO-DISCOVER-EU-UM-nl-nl.pdf
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,957
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    @HenriP

There should be no need to do anything! As warnings of excessive speed are allowed, it is the identification of the locations of speed cameras that are illegal in Switzerland, and as your TomTom device is not loaded with these location there is nothing to worry about :)
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,234
    Superuser
    Hi @HenriP

Here is the list of countries which Speed camera Coverage is provided on the discovery units..

Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, The Netherlands, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay

Doug
  • HenriPHenriP Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks for the information. Another question.
    I want to use the speed alerts, but want to remove the button for reporting a speed camera location. How can I fix that?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,234
    Superuser
    edited April 2
    Hi @HenriP

It is only possible to turn the Camera report button off at the moment but I doubt it will continue to be so as I think this is because there is what I think is a bug in the system.

If you Tap Menu/ Settings/Sound/Alerts and Sound you can deselect Safety Warnings which it says covers Danger Zones and Risk Zones however this also removes the Camera Report Button. I would expect this to be changed in the meantime I I am not sure what Danger Zones etc other than I assume France will be ignored.

Doug
  • HenriPHenriP Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi @DougLap

I want to receive the safety warnings / speed control alerts, but I want to disable the report button. In previous TomTom devices it was possible to disable that button. So it might be a software bug.

I already noticed another bug. I searched for someone who lives in, let's say, Street, house number = 2. There were the following suggestions: Street 2, Street 2A, Street 2B. I added Street 2 to my contacts, but it was saved as Street 2A.

I found the following workaround: search for Street 2, drive to Street 2, go to recent destinations and then save it to the contacts. It's peculiar, but true. Not sure if I can reproduce this issue.

BTW I am pleasantly surprised with the quick answers to my questions. Thanks.
  • LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 15,445
    Superusers
    edited April 2
    Maybe if it easyer for you you can also tap on the 3 Dots and then select add location
    a8084xyznagi.jpg
    40nqze1x9chr.jpg

Here it was saved corectly as ....Street 15A but you can also give your own name for a location.
    So you can delete the A before storing or rename it ( Sisters House or Parents or what you want).