TomTom Go 520 lifetime subscritions — TomTom Community

TomTom Go 520 lifetime subscritions

Although I have LIFETIME cameras , traffic and maps, during the latest software and maps update my speed camera update failed and now MyDrive is trying to sell me an annual subscription. How do I re-instate my lifetime camera alerts or contact support, which seems very long winded. Please help, thank you
Mike

Comments

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,399 Moderator
    Hi @LondonTom
    Could you send me the serial number of your device through a private message, please?

Thanks, Vikram
  • DJSheridanDJSheridan Posts: 33 [Master Explorer]
    I have the same issue.
    I have a Go 5000 and a new Premium X and although both indicate free subscriptions to Live services including Speed Cameras both are now stating "Speed Cameras not installed" and asking me to subscribe!
    So what is going on here?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,576
    Superuser
    Hi @DJSheridan

@VikramK or @lampard should pick this up and review your units settings on the TT servers and adjust if required. Look back here later.to see what they have to ay.

Doug
    I did email support yesterday as the Forum was not working.
    But will check up later.
    Incidentally I have removed the Go 5000 from My Drive as giving it to my step son.
    But as it is the unit that offers life time subscriptions I'm hoping he will have them when he signs up to My Drive Connect?
    Superuser
    Hi @DJSheridan

The lifetime map updates are linked to the units serial number so he should get the service.

Doug
    That's what I was thinking too...
    edited April 6
    This is what it says when signed into Tom Tom (although the Go 5000 is now removed):4969btt9xnwh.jpg
    Superuser
    Hi @DJSheridan

Let us see what one of the Mods has to say.

Doug
  • LondonTomLondonTom Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi Guys
    After some back & forth with support and agreement that my device did have lifetime cameras and they were switched on, it was decided that it must be a software problem triggered by a failed down load

Did a SOFT re-set (not a Hard or factory re-set which loses everything) and speed cameras popped up on the progress bar when I set a route that I knew had cameras.

Will road test tomorrow to prove it works, so, if you don't hear from me it worked !!
    If it doesn't I'll do a Factory re-set, wish me luck !
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,399 Moderator
    Hi @DJSheridan
    Your account indeed only shows one device linked(GO PREMIUM) and it has speed camera subscriptions for the lifetime of the device.
    Probably the server has not picked up the change regarding the removal of your GO 5000. It might take some time to show up.

Also, the de-active message you see on the account page is related to a bug that has already been reported to the team.

Regards, Vikram
    Hi @VikramK
    Thanks for the update - I shall wait for a while for them to sort it out.
  • zippy_13zippy_13 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Hi there. I have the same problem, camera alerts have disappeared too. Bought from Halfords a while back. What to do?
    Regards S
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,011
    Superusers
    Hi
    @zippy_13
    Welcome to the site...
    There has been a change in the Speed cam subscriptions... The Tomtom subscriptions now 'Auto Renew' by default....

Note... If your subscription has expired you will NOT get any Speed cam warning on the device, even the old database is still installed on the device....

See T&C's 4.2 Subscriptions, renewals and Free Trials...
    Here... https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/legal/terms-and-conditions/#4YourAccountandyoursubscriptions

Tomtom Speed Cam FAQ….
    See... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015806999

Contacting Tomtom Support….
    Due to COVID-19 the phone service has been suspended
    For Tomtom Support Email or Chat lines...
    (Monday to Friday Normal Office Hours)

The way of contacting Customer Services has changed

(1)... A couple of Tips when Contacting Tomtom Support....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1714844/#Comment_1714844

(2)... Tomtom FAQ … How to Contact Tomtom Support....
    Here… https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919-How-to-contact-TomTom-support

Stay Safe... ATB YFM