Trucker 6000 live services not working. — TomTom Community

Trucker 6000 live services not working.

Hi, does anyone know how to restart live traffic on the Trucker 6000, I subscribe to live services and the speed camera portion of the service works. I understand that the 6000 uses the 2g cell network, could it have stopped working? Or the the sim card in the device itself? I've done two resets and that's NOT doing the trick.
Other ideas? Thanks!

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,600
    Superuser
    Hi @gaz97

There are a number of possibilities. If Live services have not been subscribed too for 18 months or so then the sim may have been turned Off and cannot be restarted. You should have received an email to advise if the sim was being turned off.

The new services you have purchased may not have not been allocated to your account yet which seems to be happening to some accounts during the current crisis. If that is the case then Contact Customer Support via Chat and they can resolve whilst you are on..

Try the following:-

Tap Support at the top of this page
    Sign in Top Right of next Page. (you have to do this)
    When signed in Tap Contact Us bottom right
    Help Box appears and after a few seconds Get in Touch also appears
    Tap Get in Touch
    You are now offered Chat or Email. If Chat is closed it will tell you the hours that it will be available.

Chat is busy you may have to try a few times.
    If the above does not work exactly as described try another web browser.

Finally if you Tap Menu/Settings/System/About what is listed against GPRS when you are outside and should get a good mobile signal. If it always says disconnected then it could be that the sim Contacts have become corroded and the connection has been lost. Remove, at your own risk and be aware any warrantee will be void, the Serial number label on the bottom as the Sim is underneath. Click the sim In and out a few times to clean the contacts and hopefully the connection will be restored.

Doug
  • gaz97gaz97 Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi @DougLap,
    Thanks for getting back to me, ill try your suggestions, I've looked at the GPRS status its showing Disconnected. There is no sim card in the bottom of the unit, I assumed it was located inside the unit, unless originally there was one and I have some how lost it?

It's been a while since I last subscribed to live services but I don't think it would longer than 6 months. Thanks for your time.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,028
    Superusers
    edited April 1
    Hi
    @gaz97
    Welcome to the site....
    Maybe worth consideration... I think the SIM contacts oxidize over time and removing and replacing the SIM a few times remakes the connection....

The SIM cards for the Live NAV3, NAV4 & NAV5 (Wi-Fi) devices are located under concealed flaps and/or stickers in various location on the devices....
    The Tomtom GO 6000 Range of models Car, Camper and Truck are a NAV4 devices, there is no need to disassemble the device....
    If you hold your GO 6000 Upside-down i.e.... the connections at the top and with the screen facing away from you, the SIM is under the CE sticker to the left of the Micro USB port....

7noudtt1912s.jpg
    With the device turned OFF...
    Carefully remove the sticker... It's advisable to use Antistatic precautions when handling the SIM... You will need a pair of fine pointed tweezers to remove the SIM
    If you pull out the SIM a little way, and reinsert it, repeat this a few times, it should now remake a good connection
    Note: On the GO 6000 when reinserting the SIM have the contacts facing away from the screen (Note... This may differ on other models)
    I used double-sided sticky tape to replace the CE sticker

The above will void your Tomtom guarantee....
    All the usual disclaimers apply, all the above is at your own discretion....

ATB YFM
  • gaz97gaz97 Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi @YamFazMan,

Thanks for your reply,

Ok, i've followed the instructions to remove and reinsert the sim, it hasn't done the trick yet but I'll wait and check back with the nav later. Thanks and again.