Golfer 1 watch not storing rounds on watch — TomTom Community

Golfer 1 watch not storing rounds on watch

sadssandifordsadssandiford Posts: 10 [Apprentice Seeker]
I've just updated my golfer 1 watch and now after 18 holes of golf the watch isn't storing the scorecard! When I look it just says "complete your 1st round and it will be stored here" but nothing is being stored

Comments

• Warren_Churms1959Warren_Churms1959 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I am having exactly the same problem. Restored to factory settings overnight but doesn't seem to have solved the problem.
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,412
    Community Manager
    A factory reset would be the only thing I could imagine to fix this but as @Warren_Churms1959 writes, it doesn't.
  • JimBoroJimBoro Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I've reset twice now and during the update to courses the update fails with the message that there are problems with the courses on my watch and so doesn't finish updating. The screen on the watch seems to think it is still in Rest mode. Very frustrating.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks
    If there is a technical issue or Garmin have stopped supporting this model they need to say so, otherwise message the community to state there is a problem & they are working on it.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,729
    Superusers
    JimBoro wrote: »
    If there is a technical issue or Garmin have stopped supporting this model they need to say so, otherwise message the community to state there is a problem & they are working on it.

I think you mean TomTom, not Garmin and TT Sports went out of business over 3 years ago and stopped all development at that time (and the Golfer 1 was already discontinued by then). All TT Sports products are now obsolete and are dead products and will not be updated again. If your watch fails to work it is time to invest in a new watch from an active brand.
    3rd Attempt of reset and updating & SUCCESS - system is telling me the golf watch is updated. Playing tomorrow so lets see if it actually works.
  • sadssandifordsadssandiford Posts: 10 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I've got 2 golfer 1 watches and both were factory reset and successfully updated! Both are not storing the scorecards. I wonder if it's to do with the "Watch Full" fault, in the way of fixing it by not letting the watch store anything. The rumour is that the courses take up too much space and they've gained some by using scorecard storage area!
    Superusers
    I've got 2 golfer 1 watches and both were factory reset and successfully updated! Both are not storing the scorecards. I wonder if it's to do with the "Watch Full" fault, in the way of fixing it by not letting the watch store anything. The rumour is that the courses take up too much space and they've gained some by using scorecard storage area!

Can you try deleting some courses you don't use and see if that stores up some activity space? Are the rounds being loaded into the app and MySports and just don't show on the watch or are they not being saved at all?
    No, with the courses it's everything, you can't pick n choose! Also not getting any scorecards on the watch, the app or Mysports!
  • RogerFWRogerFW Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    My watch hadn't been used since Jan 3rd when we went into lock-down. When golf restarted on Monday 29th I updated my watch. After the round I tried to review the round and all I got was the "complete your 1st round and it will be stored here" message. I was able to sync my watch with the Sports Connect App and Sync & review rounds on my Phone. I reset the watch & now I can't sync my scores with my computer or phone!!.

I don't think the problem will be solved as it would appear that Tom Tom went out of business 3 years ago, which I was not aware of in Dec 2018 when I purchased the watch. Had I known, I would probably have bought a different make.

I will delete all of my stored rounds and carry out a factory reset but I feel that it is unlikely that it will solve the problem.
    Superusers
    RogerFW wrote: »
    My watch hadn't been used since Jan 3rd when we went into lock-down. When golf restarted on Monday 29th I updated my watch. After the round I tried to review the round and all I got was the "complete your 1st round and it will be stored here" message. I was able to sync my watch with the Sports Connect App and Sync & review rounds on my Phone. I reset the watch & now I can't sync my scores with my computer or phone!!.

I don't think the problem will be solved as it would appear that Tom Tom went out of business 3 years ago, which I was not aware of in Dec 2018 when I purchased the watch. Had I known, I would probably have bought a different make.

I will delete all of my stored rounds and carry out a factory reset but I feel that it is unlikely that it will solve the problem.

You are correct, it will not likely be fixed.
    tfarabaugh wrote: »

I think you mean TomTom, not Garmin and TT Sports went out of business over 3 years ago and stopped all development at that time (and the Golfer 1 was already discontinued by then). All TT Sports products are now obsolete and are dead products and will not be updated again. If your watch fails to work it is time to invest in a new watch from an active brand.

Thanks I did mean TT. If what you say is true why is there still support or at least the Website should let owners know that the produscts are not been supported. At least Microsift has advised its office 365 earlier versions are no longer supported
    I've reset twice now and the meesage is the same on the watch and rounds are not being stored. The GPS still works and the course is displayed and the distances per hole are shown. I'm now using the watch for distances but marking the scores on a golf card, very unsatisfactory as I've recently bought a new strap for £15
    I've used the message service to alert the issue but no replies, guess they were made redundant and forget to switch the lights off !!
    All very disappointing
    Superusers
    I've reset twice now and the meesage is the same on the watch and rounds are not being stored. The GPS still works and the course is displayed and the distances per hole are shown. I'm now using the watch for distances but marking the scores on a golf card, very unsatisfactory as I've recently bought a new strap for £15
    I've used the message service to alert the issue but no replies, guess they were made redundant and forget to switch the lights off !!
    All very disappointing

They switched the lights off almost 3.5 years ago. Try resetting it using the instructions on this page, starting at the top and working your way down:

https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013898960
    I’ve managed to contact Tom Tom Support regarding this issue and got this reply on 19 April - The involved research team are looking into the problem and update me with a fix when they have sorted the problem.
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,412
    Community Manager
    RogerFW wrote: »
    I’ve managed to contact Tom Tom Support regarding this issue and got this reply on 19 April - The involved research team are looking into the problem and update me with a fix when they have sorted the problem.
    I can't find a support incident under the email address used here on the forum.

In your post dated 3 April you write that first you could sync a round but after a factory reset you can no longer. The desktop app won't sync a round, only the mobile app can do that. After a factory reset you need to make your phone forget the watch in the settings of the phone's OS in order to pair again. Have you tried that?

Jürgen - I did all of those things without success.
    My issue was picked up by Harry after I commented on the Tom Tom Sports App on my phone..

Harry responded on Messenger and asked for my my Serial Number and email address. I responded with the following message:"My watch has worked fine until three weeks ago when I synced with my app and lost the rounds that were stored on my watch. When I click up to view previous rounds I get a message which reads “Start your first scorecard and see details here”. I have reset the watch to factory settings and nothing changes. GPS is fine on the course, I can record my score but my watch won’t store it. I would appreciate it if you can help".

Harry advised me to do all of the things that you have but I explained that nothing works,

On April 19 Harry replied
    Hi Roger, you're right! Even the involved research team just informed me that they are investigating the problem and they don't have a fix or solution yet. I will update you with a fix as soon as I get any additional information from them. We do sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. ^Harry

I hope this helps.
  • AlanRandomAlanRandom Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    edited April 23
    Exactly the same issue here! At first the watch didn't display the scorecard but I was able to sync it with the phone. I did the 'factory reset' routine which not only failed to cure the problem but also caused the loss of previous scores in the app.
    Wondered if I had a hardware issue, eg NVRAM failure, but since multiple others have the same problem I guess not. Fingers crossed for a new firmware release, but given that the last one was 5 years ago I won't hold my breath.
    AlanRandom wrote: »
    Exactly the same issue here! At first the watch didn't display the scorecard but I was able to sync it with the phone. I did the 'factory reset' routine which not only failed to cure the problem but also caused the loss of previous scores in the app.
    Wondered if I had a hardware issue, eg NVRAM failure, but since multiple others have the same problem I guess not. Fingers crossed for a new firmware release, but given that the last one was 5 years ago I won't hold my breath.

I have contact with Harry on Messenger so I'll ask him the question.
    Superusers

You will likely be holding your breath a long time. TT Sports went out of business over 3 years ago and laid off the entire development staff. They may have some SatNav developers work on it but I would not count on it.
    So if that's the case what's changed in the last 6 months because the watches were storing scorecards before lockdown 2.....?
    There must have been an update of some type.
    The smart money is on they needed the memory space to fix the locking/bricking of the watches fault due to the increase in the size of the installed courses file....
    Superusers
    So if that's the case what's changed in the last 6 months because the watches were storing scorecards before lockdown 2.....?
    There must have been an update of some type.
    The smart money is on they needed the memory space to fix the locking/bricking of the watches fault due to the increase in the size of the installed courses file....

There have been no updates in years, there are 2 or 3 people so far with this issue, so it is not systemic. Likely just your watch dying.
    So there are people on here who are still able to store scorecards on their Golfer 1 watches...?
    I have 2, one 2 years newer than the other with a quarter of the use of the older one and they both got this fault at the same time...
    A dying watch doesn't make sense..!
    If anyone has a Golfer 1 and can store scorecards, please put a comment...
  • DAVID1941DAVID1941 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    I'm having the same problems and have been chatting on Twitter to TomTom who are passing the information to their support team. I have now reset my watch to factory settings 6 times without rectifying the problem. The last time it worked was 02/12/2020.

Also I have re-downloaded the TomTom sports app as it doesn't seem compatible with my new Samsung S20 phone. I down loaded the app on my wife's Samsung S7 phone and it synced with the watch without a problem. But the watch still will not saved golf rounds.

I have contact with Harry on Messenger so I'll ask him the question.

I asked Harry the question regarding a firmware update on April 23rd

On 26 April, Jasbir N said "Allow us some time so we can go through your case details and get back to you"
    I thanked him and he replied saying that the Development team is working on the problem to find a fix which would have to go through multiple testing environment and they would update at some time in the future!!
    I thanked him for the message and he then sent a message asking me to rate the support that I had received from him.

I replied saying that his reply informing me that the matter was being looked at didn't warrant a review whereas sorting the problem would!

He sent another link asking me to share my feedback.

When I clicked on the link it seemed to automatically provide a 5 star rating!!

I'm still waiting for an update!!!