GO Discover map updates and Navigation not possible — TomTom Community

GO Discover map updates and Navigation not possible

BiganimalbergenBiganimalbergen Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited April 2 in GO Discover & GO Expert
Hi
Just received my GO Discover.
a) I cannot navigate in my own country which is Singapore
b) I cant log in to my account through the ND
c) It is not updating the maps of Europe, which is current available for update, but this could be because of issue b listed above

Any one with ideas on how to resolve the listed items?

Best Answer

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,230
    Superuser
    edited April 1 Accepted Answer
    Hi @bigboyboaty

Glad things look like they are sorted.

You should get full Map details, and until you need to renew the relevant subscriptions Traffic and Speed cameras for Singapore.

Doug

Answers

Superuser
    edited March 31
    Hi @Biganimalbergen

You can currently only do the following when connected to Wifi ONLY and NOT if connected to your PC. If you go to Settings/Maps/ Display/Downloaded maps/Add/Asia Pacific you can download the Singapore map.

Are you saying you cannot log into My Drive?

Again f you are connected to your PC you will not get the Map updates to work. Just disconnect it and if it is logged into you Wifi then the updates should work.

Be aware that if you have reasonable Wifi the device will do virtually everything without you needing a PC .When you connect it t a PC with e MY Drive Connect Software running all it is doing is using the PC as an avenue to connect to the Internet as then you use the menu options on the unit to manage updates etc .

Doug
  • BiganimalbergenBiganimalbergen Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Doug,

Thanks for the reply.
    I have tried using WIFI and I cannot connect to MY Drive account it come back saying that the servers have an error or busy.

I guess I would have to get past that to see if anything else works.

Side question I am assuming that since the Discover has World maps loaded I should be able to navigate within my own country or is my assumption incorrect, and I have to download maps based on region I require?
    Superuser
    Hi @Biganimalbergen

If you are sure your password etc is correct I would do a Factory Reset and start again. Tap Menu/Settings/System/Reset Device . My unit has connected to My Drive okay just now so maybe try later to see if that sorts it.

If the map of the country you are in , or will be visiting, is not listed under Downloaded Maps then you have to download the map via Add a Map.

Be aware that like Europe some countries , including the likes of France, comprise a number of maps to make up the whole country or region . However if you were travelling within France for example you only need the French maps that include the routes you will travel

Doug.
    Hi Doug,
    Thanks for the follow up. This day everything is normal and the maps are currently being downloaded as we speak so cant wait to test the new unit out.

g
    Am liking the 6"inch screen already :)
    Superuser
    edited April 1 Accepted Answer
    Hi @bigboyboaty

Glad things look like they are sorted.

You should get full Map details, and until you need to renew the relevant subscriptions Traffic and Speed cameras for Singapore.

Doug