Well, that's probably the worst web experience for years — TomTom Community

Well, that's probably the worst web experience for years

For some reason I purchased a new 6250 for the bus. Its ok actually, but I have a number of issues.

Firstly speed camera's, which I understand is a subscription service. Charged me £0.99 twice, but I wasn't that bothered about 99p.

Then traffic stopped working, suggesting it had expired. I'm fairly sure traffic was supposed to be included? but if not whatever, I'm used to surprise charges so I went to the website, added live services and paid with PayPal.

The process wasn't that painful except perhaps for content duplication and layout errors, asked for login to PayPal, said it was complete, but 6250 says no. Checked "Subscriptions" and it says payment type HPP, Status Failed.

So I did it again, this time taking care to enter everything correctly, again payment failed. Then I tried a third time, this time, this time with VISA, and that said Payment Failed.

On to the bank website, plenty of funds so not that, and there was a pending transaction to tomtom, and guess what, yes 2 payments to PayPal, logging into payday, two successful payments to Tomtom.

I sent an email to [email protected] - nothing.
I tried "Contact us", just takes you round and round, outputs garbage and won't connect to an actual person. There's no phone number to call, so this is my last shot.

It's a shame really, I used to have a tomtom a decade ago and it was great, but now it all seems to have gone down hill. I'm not really sure if I'm going to keep this 6250 or just return it and get something else, but I DEFIANTLY want my duplicate payments refunded.

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,979
    Superusers
    edited March 30
    Hi
    @Richardw5467y34e
    Welcome to the site....
    See... https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/sat-nav/truck-sat-nav/products/index.html
    Scroll down to... GO 6250...
    TomTom Traffic via built-in SIM
    Lifetime* TomTom Traffic and Speed Cameras

Dedicated truck, van and bus POIs
    Updates via Wi-Fi®
    Truck, coach, van and car routing
    Smartphone Messages
    Stopped traffic alerts
    MyDrive route planning
    Lifetime* Maps

Contacting Tomtom Support….
    Due to COVID-19 the phone service has been suspended
    The way of contacting Customer Services has changed
    For Tomtom Support Email or Chat lines...
    (Monday to Friday Normal Office Hours)
    (1)... A couple of Tips when Contacting Tomtom Support....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1714844/#Comment_1714844

(2)... Tomtom FAQ … How to Contact Tomtom Support....
    Here… https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919-How-to-contact-TomTom-support

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Richardw5467y34eRichardw5467y34e Posts: 4 [New Seeker]
    Yep, thanks for that. I knew it was included, but when you go to the tomtom website, and your device is shown, it shows even now Traffic, expired, Renew. Is it just a con to get people to pay for things (if they can make it work) that they already have?

Anyway, none of that worked for me, waiting for the "Get in Touch" just takes me back to contact us!

I've sent another email to [email protected] and will wait until friday before i take it up directly with PayPal to get refunds.

.... and I will never buy another tomtom, or recommend it to ANYONE.
    Superusers
    edited March 30
    Hi
    @Richardw5467y34e

@VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this up Tomorrow and check/correct your Tomtom Account status.....

Check... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> System --> About....
    Check your Tomtom Subscription Status.....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    And why does this site keep asking me "How would you rate our support?" every few seconds, even if I tick "don't ask me again", ANNOYING SERIOUSLY.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,388 Moderator
    Hi

Welcome to the community!
    I have asked my team to fix the services for your TomTom, please do a soft reset and check for updates.

For any charges or additional costs you paid, please get in touch with our customer service to review and arrange any refunds.
    And why does this site keep asking me "How would you rate our support?" every few seconds, even if I tick "don't ask me again", ANNOYING SERIOUSLY.

This is probably because your browser has a third-party extension that is blocking the cookies.

Regards, Vikram
    Superusers
    edited March 31
    Hi
    @Richardw5467y34e & @VikramK
    YamFazMan wrote: »
    (Snip) Contacting Tomtom Support….
    Due to COVID-19 the phone service has been suspended
    The way of contacting Customer Services has changed
    For Tomtom Support Email or Chat lines...
    (Monday to Friday Normal Office Hours)
    (1)... A couple of Tips when Contacting Tomtom Support....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1714844/#Comment_1714844
    (Snip)
    (Snip) Anyway, none of that worked for me, waiting for the "Get in Touch" just takes me back to contact us!
    As Vikram states....
    This is probably because your browser has a third-party extension that is blocking the cookies....

For example, I can confirm that the Malwarebytes Browser Extension STOPS access to the Tomtom Support Email & Chat lines....
    After signing in to your Account and Clicking on the 'Contact us' button --> Then after Clicking on the "Get in Touch" button The Webpage just loops back to the 'Contact us' button ???

Stay safe... ATB YFM
    YamFazMan wrote: »
    Hi
    As Vikram states....
    This is probably because your browser has a third-party extension that is blocking the cookies....

For example, I can confirm that the Malwarebytes Browser Extension STOPS access to the Tomtom Support Email & Chat lines....
    After signing in to your Account and Clicking on the 'Contact us' button --> Then after Clicking on the "Get in Touch" button The Webpage just loops back to the 'Contact us' button ???

Just for reference, I have zero extensions installed on my browser. I just checked (Preferences/Extensions). Its vanilla Safari 14, and checking the inspector I can see a mass of cookies created by/for various .tomtom.com sub/domains so there's nothing wrong with cookies, and even if there were, blaming third party extensions as an excuse for novice web coding is a little rich imo.

Anyhow, I appreciate you taking the time YamFazMan, thank you. I shall not darken this forum with my experience any more.