'My Routes' on GO Navigation (iOS) - Page 3 — TomTom Community

'My Routes' on GO Navigation (iOS)

Comments

• smudger64smudger64 Posts: 70 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    bhn5t7srncmn.jpg
  • LevispLevisp Posts: 59 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    Not sure what thats meant to mean but I feel that its all gone very quiet on release v2.6. Would be nice if Jurgen could give us all an update. Maybe we should all be more chilled, just drift along the road and see what happens.
  • CromiumCromium Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    I am currently teaching my daughter to drive and I would like to save various routes that I have created within the app, can this be done? I have seen that you can create routes via the MyDrive website but I find the interface rather clunky and difficult to reorder 'Stops' where as it is very easy in the app.
    Unfortunately at the moment there is no way of either importing routes from MyDrive or even the simple tasks of saving routes constructed in the Go App. This basic lack of functionality has driven many of us to write and request this on this forum. However the next release of the Go app version 6 promises the ability to sync MyRoutes between MyDrive and the Go App. When this happens you will be able to plan routes on MyDrive either app or web app and have them sync to your phone. Web app is probably easier. This release was due for deployment last week but not seen anything yet. We are all waiting.
  • CromiumCromium Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    Thank you.
  • zanderz75zanderz75 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    edited April 17
    I've just cancelled my subscription for the iOS app. I've been reading promises on delivering the MyRoute option for iOS for years now and nothing happens. This is a highly wanted feature, that somehow your product owners think is irrelevant and keep on adding features that people are not waiting for. Fix this and I become your customer again.
    I make the life for your product owner simple, so there is the user story:
    As an iOS user
    I want to be able to navigate a pre-set MyDrive route on my TomTom Go iOS app
    So that I can enjoy beautiful routes

If you look to the market of navigation apps, you should really add a feature like this to stand out of apps like Google Maps.
    zanderz75 wrote: »
    I've just cancelled my subscription for the iOS app. I've been reading promises on delivering the MyRoute option for iOS for years now and nothing happens. This is a highly wanted feature, that somehow your product owners think is irrelevant and keep on adding features that people are not waiting for. Fix this and I become your customer again.
    I make the life for your product owner simple, so there is the user story:
    As an iOS user
    I want to be able to navigate a pre-set MyDrive route on my TomTom Go iOS app
    So that I can enjoy beautiful routes

If you look to the market of navigation apps, you should really add a feature like this to stand out of apps like Google Maps.

Like you I have been waiting a very long time for MyRoutes sync. If you are after a good alternative IOS app have a look at Scenic 2. This app with a very helpful developer and active forum has many fantastic features. A very good planning feature, ability to organise favourites and routes into folders, the ability to import and export GPX files and more.

• bluesmobilebluesmobile Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I have some motor routes with GPX files on my drive app. But i can click on the route but i can't start them there. So i donwloaded the TOMTOM GO app. I clicked on the switch to connect my GO app to my drive. But i can't seem to find my routes.
    Can someone help me?

We are all still waiting for Apple to come with iPhone support for GPX import. I am told that this is now in the testing phase but there is still no release date
    Don't know what Apple has to do with it. There are plenty of IOS apps that can NOW import GPX files. The following apps have this functionality Calimoto, Beeline and Scenic 2

• DumpsterDumpster Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Has anyone got the 2.6 version yet?
    Jürgen wrote: »
    We've moved the 2.6 release to next week so that we can enable the sync for everyone.

Jurgen wrote this on the April 2. I wonder what has happened. Anyone from TomTom like to comment.
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,100
    Community Manager
    Unfortunately we still need to hold back the release of 2.6. This is due to a regression that the team is currently fixing. We hope that with a fix added this week version 2.6 can now be released soon.
    Thank you Jurgen for the update.
  • vgn8485vgn8485 Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    Am waiting for this version 2.6 as well.. Hopefully it will het released this week. Would be a major addition to the app! Fingers crossed!
  • smudger64smudger64 Posts: 70 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    Damn, going away on Thursday and was hoping this would be done in time!

Oh well thanks for the update its appreciated.
  • nealgnealg Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    It is now April 29. We were advised V2.6 would be available the week of April 9.
    When will we see it?
    The lack of transfer of routes from MyDrive to the app is most frustrating.
  • ajukajuk Posts: 17 [Outstanding Explorer]
    The ability to sync with My Drive is for me the most important feature I need. It's been a long time in coming. I do hope it really will at last be made available in the next week or two.
    Totally agree with you guys. Hopefully we will get a response from TomTom soon.

Can’t wait to start navigating the MyDrive routes!
  • JW024JW024 Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Took me an hour to find out where " my routes" were hidden in my new added app so thank you guys for this topic. Now I know that it is simply not there (yet). The main and one and only reason to pay for this app is the option to have this option so I can drive my (gpx) routes in my roadster.. I will have to wait...
    Seems like I was not the only one that got the app for the same reason after all. Is there anyone from TomTom that would like to comment?
    Yes we all have to wait. What I really do not understand about TomTom development is that this ability to sync MyRoutes from MyDrive to Go App is so fundamental to a worth while payable app. Also the ability to import GPX files into MyDrive App. If I only want to have a point and shoot app then there are plenty of very good free options. ( Google, Waze etc ). So why has this taken so long. Why start developing another app Amigo which must be taking development resources away from making Go App great. It's as if those who make the development decisions just don't see the need for planning routes. But I see so much more that needs to done such as a folder structure for MyPlaces and MyRoutes, better POI integration and maybe the ability to Bluetooth a route to another device. I must stop dreaming !
    Community Manager
    edited April 30
    We have submitted the 2.6 build including the MyDrive routes sync to Apple yesterday. Unfortunately there is a risk that it will be rejected since it's not yet complient with the App Tracking Transparency which is covered in our 2.6.1 build to follow soon.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,703
    Superuser
    Hi @jürgen

Thanks for the info.

Doug
  • JW024JW024 Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    @Jürgen

Without asking for an exaxt date, is it realistic to say that this will be up and running before end of May?

Regards,

JW
    Community Manager
    JW024 wrote: »
    @Jürgen

Without asking for an exaxt date, is it realistic to say that this will be up and running before end of May?

Regards,

JW
    The 2.6 build might still be approved and then be rolled out over the period of one week. The 2.6.1 build including the app tracking prompt is also ready.