'My Routes' on GO Navigation (iOS) - Page 2 — TomTom Community

'My Routes' on GO Navigation (iOS)

Comments

• smudger64smudger64 Posts: 70 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    Giving up too. Fortunately am using my phone with a BMW motorbike that allows you to use their app. Data and traffic is supplied by Tomtom, but it allows you to import GPX files from google maps and save them,
    I'll come back when they can be bothered with My Route integration.
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,100
    Community Manager
    The MyDrive Routes sync is on its way. It will not yet be part of the upcoming 2.5 release but should come with 2.6.
  • Fabienne_33377Fabienne_33377 Posts: 0 [New Seeker]
    I have some motor routes with GPX files on my drive app. But i can click on the route but i can't start them there. So i donwloaded the TOMTOM GO app. I clicked on the switch to connect my GO app to my drive. But i can't seem to find my routes.
    Can someone help me?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,703
    Superuser
    Hi @Fabienne_33377

As I understand it My Routes has not been available in the IOS App and the recent Map change has meant that the Apps Maps are not compatible with the My Drive App. Tomtom have stated they are working on resolving the compatibility issue and then will seek to add the My Routes option to the IOS system and the Android units as well.. No timescale has been given for achieving this but hopefully it will be soon as this would be a valuable upgrade to the Navigation App and would restore the option to the Android App which until the latest version was available to Android users.

Doug
  • BernhardusBernhardus Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    As I understand under the reviews at the AppStore (TomTom Go), it is stated dec 21, 2020, that this function (My Routes) are expected to be available at the end of the first quarter of 2021.
    So that is the end of March 2021!!!
    Community Manager
    Ilfabrizio wrote: »
    When will it be possible to have "My Routes" on my iPhone?
    In the upcoming 2.6 release it will be enabled for 20% of the users.
  • tgoldtgold Posts: 2,184 [Revered Voyager]
    Jürgen wrote: »
    You say that 20% of the copies of that particular upcoming release will have this feature working but most will not? TomTom has an unusual relationship with version control.
  • RedSpecial62RedSpecial62 Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    2.6?? The current go android app is at 2.3.7.... surely 2.4 is the next major release?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,703
    Superuser
    Hi @RedSpecial62

@Jürgen was answering the question from @Ilfabrizio who asked when it would be possible to have My Routes on his iPhone. The current App version on the iPhone is 2.5 hence 2.6 will be next.

Doug
  • scubaalscubaal Posts: 39 [Master Explorer]
    This is a critical function (My Routes) in the iOS app. The routing algorithm is flakey so I often have to modify the route to go 'via' somewhere to ensure it takes the right route. But of course I cant save or reuse that route on the iOS app - so I have to do it EVERY time. Very frustrating. On the point of giving up on TomTom after 10+ years of use as the other navigation apps are just overtaking it.
  • IlfabrizioIlfabrizio Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited March 30
    why only 20%?

Mod: Machine translated from Italian

Is that a random 20% or a first come first served 20%?
    Community Manager
    It should be random.

We are working on a few critical bugs to make the sync production-ready.
  • loekfloekf Posts: 46 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    We've moved the 2.6 release to next week so that we can enable the sync for everyone.

Thanks, that would be a very welcome addition after the long wait.
  • CAS60CAS60 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    edited April 8
    I have been waiting for a long time for the functionality to import "my routes" into the GO app. If this is possible, I will immediately take out a one-year subscription and probably many others with me. I think TomTom is letting a lot of money slip away here. Elsewhere you read that TomTom expected to have solved this by the end of 2020, now April 2021 it is still not solved. Too bad !

(Machine translated from Dutch)

Ik wacht al lang op de functionaliteit om "mijn routes" te importeren in de GO-app. Als dit mogelijk is neem ik direct een jaar abonnement en waarschijnlijk met mij vele anderen. TomTom laat hier, denk ik, veel geld schieten. Elders lees je dat TomTom verwachtte dit eind 2020 opgelost te hebben, nu april 2021 is het nog steeds niet geregeld. Jammer !
    Community Manager
    The upcoming 2.6 release will add the routes sync from MyDrive.
  • LevispLevisp Posts: 59 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    Understand version 2.6 was going to be released this week. Not seen anything yet. Can you please confirm a date. Many thanks.
  • LevispLevisp Posts: 59 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    Week is nearly up not seen any new update 2.6 release. Anyone got the new release ?
  • loekfloekf Posts: 46 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    edited April 9
    No, nothing in Netherlands. I think the app review for navigation apps is a bit more extensive at Apple.
  • PritVaderPritVader Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
    Looking forward to 2.6
  • IlfabrizioIlfabrizio Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    novita? per la sincronizzazione
    Any news?
  • PritVaderPritVader Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
    There seems to be a lot of us waiting eagerly for this new release, would be great if I could use it for my upcoming trip this weekend 😁
  • dirjandirjan Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    It would really be wonderful if this release does what is promised by Jürgen. I have felt misled by buying GO and then the MYDRIVE disconnection.