'My Routes' on GO Navigation (iOS) — TomTom Community

'My Routes' on GO Navigation (iOS)

IlfabrizioIlfabrizio Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
When will it be possible to have "My Routes" on my iPhone?

Mod: Machine translated from Italian

This discussion was created from comments split from: sync with mydrive ...has this problem been fixed ??.

Comments

• GanbinGanbin Posts: 3 [Master Traveler]
    Hello,

TomTom navigation couple with TomTom MyDrive is really one of the best application I could find.

Sadly, the "My Routes" list is not available on my iPhone, so all the route that I create via MyDrive cannot be used on iPhone. I see that the Android version have access to this list.

Can we expect, and when, this functionality to be available on iPhone?

Thanks for reading.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,391 Moderator
    edited September 2019
    Hi @Ganbin

Sorry about my late reply and Thank you for your feedback!

You can only sync your 'My Places' locations from MyDrive. The 'My Routes' functionality is not supported at the moment but I'll forward this to the product team.

Cheers, lampard
  • RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 714 [Revered Pioneer]
    Routes in MyDrive become tracks and track are not (Yet) supported in TomTom Go Navigation app for iPhone.

When you plan a route in MyDrive you have also the option to "Send Destinations" to send your route as route to your device.
    If you want to ride an existing ITN or GPX route you can use my program Send-ITN-Route to send the route as route to your device. (see link to my website below)
  • SamPSamP Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    It was working on Android, but no more. Either they've decided to remove it in their wonderful "update" or they've broken it... only time will tell
  • JorisdriepinterJorisdriepinter Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited January 2020
    I cannot find a way to transfer Roadtrips (on website TomTom MyDrive) to my iPhone app. Any ideas how?
  • pillekenpilleken Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    somebody who has a solution to get MYROUTES in the TOMTOM app on the iPhone ?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,227
    Superuser
    Hi @pilleken

The Maps used in the latest IOS Go Nav App are in NDS format which is different to that used in MyDrive and in PND units. This is one reason why the Routes in MyDrive are not compatible with the The IOS and Android Apps. Tomtom have indicated they are working on resolving the compatible issue and when that is sorted then it will require Apples approval to incorporate the transfer of the data into the IOS App

Doug
  • ConfusedOfBelmontConfusedOfBelmont Posts: 1 [Novice Seeker]
    This thread does not make sense. If I create a route on the TomTom website, it appears in MyDrive on the iPhone. The Go App has MyDrive Sync in the Services section. If it does not work then why have the option? Consider the app is regularly updated remove the option.
    Superuser
    edited June 2020
    Hi @ConfusedOfBelmont

Your My Places sync from your My Drive App/Account but as you say the Routes don't. The ability to Sync Routes to the IOS versions of the GO Nav Apps has to my knowledge never been an available facility although it was provided on the Android version of the App. So I assume that Tomtom want to provide the option but maybe Apple have not allowed it as they dictate what options are available and what templates the Apps are designed too. Apple allow the App to be used in CarPlay but Google don't allow the Android version to appear on the equivalent Android Auto.

Bear in mind the My Drive App and Website also sync to the PND units so that is why they appear in the App.

Doug
  • PhwekPhwek Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Good day,

For some time now, the "My Routes" option is no longer usable on Android. Although I do everything exactly the same in My-Drive and they do the same in my Go Navigation app, but they are no longer visible. You can still click the option "my routes", but then it says that there are no routes. Tomtom has no unambiguous clear answer to this. That's the only reason I have this app: load GPX to be able to ride motorcycle routes.
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,406
    Community Manager
    As @DougLap explained, the MyDrive routes sync is not compatible with the new NDS map standard that the GO Navigation app uses. We had to re-build it. This is now at the testing stage and we hope we can roll it out as soon as possible.
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,406
    Community Manager
    Sorry, obviously I mixed up iOS and Android. For the latter we had to re-build it and are now testing the sync. For iOS the previous app never supported it. But since we had to re-build the sync for NDS maps anyway, we're looking into building it for iOS as well.
  • Jan_DC1Jan_DC1 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    If I can’t use my carefully inserted roadtrips in the My Drive app on my iphone, in the tomtom go mobile app on my iphone, the tomtom go mobile app has no use for me. Therefore I want to stop my subscription, and stop paying for this service.
    Superuser
    edited July 2020
    Hi @Jan_DC1

The IOS Apps have never synced Routes probably because Apple have not authorised the facility. The new App now uses NDS format maps as does the New Android App so the mapping is not compatible with that used in MyDrive and the PND units.

Tomtom have stated they are working on the map compatible issue and them will seek to add the route syncing facility when done. Hopefully that will include the IOS app as well.

If the app you are using is the latest version then subscription issues will need to be resolved with Apple. I think the only option is to continue until subscription period has finished and make sure auto renewal will not occur.

Doug
  • WollemiWollemi Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Is there any news on when I can plan a route in my drive and follow it on the iOS app?
    Superuser
  • vitorioneteriovitorioneterio Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Ganbin wrote: »
    Hello,

TomTom navigation couple with TomTom MyDrive is really one of the best application I could find.

Sadly, the "My Routes" list is not available on my iPhone, so all the route that I create via MyDrive cannot be used on iPhone. I see that the Android version have access to this list.

Thanks for reading.
    right there is a work around for the routes in tomtom Mydrive on the pc to sync to the iphone.
    1 go to the laptop and open "My Routes"
    2 Select the route you want to sync and click on edit
    3 Then select/click on "Send Destination
    4 Bang it will appear on the Mydrive on your I|phone.
  • juresjures Posts: 101 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    How can it appear in mydrive if there is no mydrive in iphone app??
  • ajukajuk Posts: 19 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Ganbin wrote: »
    Hello,

Thanks for reading.
    right there is a work around for the routes in tomtom Mydrive on the pc to sync to the iphone.
    1 go to the laptop and open "My Routes"
    2 Select the route you want to sync and click on edit
    3 Then select/click on "Send Destination
    4 Bang it will appear on the Mydrive on your I|phone.

This only sends a destination rather than a route to the iPhone.
  • RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 714 [Revered Pioneer]
    On the TomTom Rider the "Send Destinations" method supports up to 20 stops.
    So you can use it for a simple ITN route.

With "Send ITN Route" on my website you can send a .ITN and .GPX route with 20 stops or less like "Send Destinations" in MyDrive does.
  • WolterWolter Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    When will it be possible to synchronize routes created online to the device? I really like the app and want to continue using it, but if this feature isn't added soon i'll have to switch to another app.
  • rider1riderrider1rider Posts: 911 [Revered Pioneer]
    we all wait
  • edwinstam1985edwinstam1985 Posts: 11 [Legendary Explorer]
    Same here.

Waiting for this feature for over a year now. Every half year TomTom and it's devs are creating a new timespan. Last year it was at the end of the year. And now it's "somewhere" in the upcoming months.

Can we get an actual realistic timeline? I'd rather hear end of 2021 as an actual release, than: It will release in the next months or so and get disappointed again :).

I totally understand that the maps need a re-do and that takes time. The TomTom Rider handles GPX and MyDrive-routes navigation very well. Please take an example from that...
  • WolterWolter Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Doesn't sound too promising. Can anyone recommend a better app?
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0