Tom tom Rider 400 speed camera update paid for and loaded to device but un able to activate alerts. — TomTom Community

Tom tom Rider 400 speed camera update paid for and loaded to device but un able to activate alerts.

Mobile_chicaneMobile_chicane Posts: 31 [Master Explorer]
Tom tom Rider 400 speed camera update paid for and loaded to device but un able to activate alerts.

speed camera updates have been activated but there is no speed camera icon in the main menu or in the settings sub menu.

I have tried a full reset and still no joy.

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,227
    Superuser
    Hi @Mobile_chicane

Contact Customer Support via Chat as they can sort it when you are connected to them if the speed cameras have not been allocated to your unit

Try the following:-

Tap Support at the top of this page
    Sign in Top Right of next Page. (you have to do this)
    When signed in Tap Contact Us bottom right
    Help Box appears and after a few seconds Get in Touch also appears
    Tap Get in Touch
    You are now offered Chat or Email. If Chat is closed it will tell you the hours that it will be available.

Chat is busy you may have to try a few times.

Doug
  • Mobile_chicaneMobile_chicane Posts: 31 [Master Explorer]
    sent 2 emails yesterday and I've had nothing back so far apart from an automated response.

the real iritation is that my rider 400 used to have cameras loaded on it and now they have gone and i've been forced into paying a subscription for a service which was originally included with the device then removed in an update.

I also tried chat yesterday at 3 pm and was informed by the chat bot that it was currently closed and would only be open betwen 0900 and 1730 bst when I tried at 3 pm (1500 bst )

I really dont want to have to learn another nav system but with this and other issues I've had with my various tomtom devices I think I may have to.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,227
    Superuser
    Hi @Mobile_chicane

The Customer Service only works Mon/Friday. Chat is likely to be quicker responding than Email.

Doug