DIfficulties to get GPRS signal and traffic info since end 2020 — TomTom Community

DIfficulties to get GPRS signal and traffic info since end 2020

Hello

My Tomtom Go 6200 with serial number ZA6437102101 has difficulties since end 2020 to get traffic info via its SIM card. For several years, it did work without problems (I purchased this model because of the ease that the integrated SIM card offers to get live traffic)

The GPS is not connected by bluetooth or Wifi to any other device.
In the Menu>Setting>System>About, it shows:
Data connection: none
GPRS status: discponnected
GPRS model 16.01.202

Many thanks to advise what to do to get it work via the SIM card again

Komodo57

Best Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,053
    Superusers
    edited March 28 Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @komodo57
    Welcome to the site....
    Be aware that a Live Device... The SIM card is automatically deactivated if the Live Traffic on the device has NOT been used for 18 months....
    Tomtom sends emails to the affected users and give 28 days notice before deactivating the SIM card... in the above circumstance the deactivated SIM cannot be reactivated....

Maybe worth consideration... I think the SIM contacts oxidize over time and removing and replacing the SIM a few times remakes the connection....

The SIM cards for the Live NAV3, NAV4 & NAV5 (Wi-Fi) devices are located under concealed flaps and/or stickers in various location on the devices....
    On the GO 5200/6200... The SIM Card is situated under the sticker bearing the serial number....
    acrlkaji0g4o.jpg
    I think the SIM contacts oxidize over time and removing and replacing the SIM a few times remakes the connection....
    With the device turned OFF...
    Carefully remove the sticker... It's advisable to use Antistatic precautions when handling the SIM... You will need a pair of fine pointed tweezers to remove the SIM....
    If you pull out the SIM a little way, and reinsert it, repeat this a few times, it should now remake a good connection....
    I used double-sided sticky tape to replace the Serial Number sticker....

Warning... The above will void your Tomtom guarantee....
    All the usual disclaimers apply, all the above is at your own discretion

Stay safe... ATB YFM
  • komodo57komodo57 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Accepted Answer
    Waw!!!
    Super, it has solved the problem :)
    Many thanks you're a king!
    Have a tremendous day.
    Komodo
    Superusers
    Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @komodo57
    You're welcome, glad you're sorted :)
    To help others in the community find a solution….
    If my reply answered your question ???
    Then on my Reply....
    Please answer 'Yes'
    To... Did this answer the question? 'Yes'< >' No'

Stay Safe... ATB YFM

Answers

Superusers
    edited March 28 Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @komodo57
    Welcome to the site....
    Be aware that a Live Device... The SIM card is automatically deactivated if the Live Traffic on the device has NOT been used for 18 months....
    Tomtom sends emails to the affected users and give 28 days notice before deactivating the SIM card... in the above circumstance the deactivated SIM cannot be reactivated....

Maybe worth consideration... I think the SIM contacts oxidize over time and removing and replacing the SIM a few times remakes the connection....

The SIM cards for the Live NAV3, NAV4 & NAV5 (Wi-Fi) devices are located under concealed flaps and/or stickers in various location on the devices....
    On the GO 5200/6200... The SIM Card is situated under the sticker bearing the serial number....
    acrlkaji0g4o.jpg
    I think the SIM contacts oxidize over time and removing and replacing the SIM a few times remakes the connection....
    With the device turned OFF...
    Carefully remove the sticker... It's advisable to use Antistatic precautions when handling the SIM... You will need a pair of fine pointed tweezers to remove the SIM....
    If you pull out the SIM a little way, and reinsert it, repeat this a few times, it should now remake a good connection....
    I used double-sided sticky tape to replace the Serial Number sticker....

Warning... The above will void your Tomtom guarantee....
    All the usual disclaimers apply, all the above is at your own discretion

Stay safe... ATB YFM
  • komodo57komodo57 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Accepted Answer
    Waw!!!
    Super, it has solved the problem :)
    Many thanks you're a king!
    Have a tremendous day.
    Komodo
    Superusers
    Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @komodo57
    You're welcome, glad you're sorted :)
    To help others in the community find a solution….
    If my reply answered your question ???
    Then on my Reply....
    Please answer 'Yes'
    To... Did this answer the question? 'Yes'< >' No'

Stay Safe... ATB YFM