Why are the corrections I make to maps not being added? — TomTom Community

Why are the corrections I make to maps not being added?

SWH941SWH941 Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
I have submitted dozens of map changes to correct the errors in maps. For the past few YEARS none of these changes has been added. Why not?

Comments

• MegalosMegalos Posts: 6,062
    Superusers
    Hi, were those reports accepted? Do they have the 'Accepted' or 'Fixed' status? Maybe if you could post the report IDs, someone from TT could check on them what happened.
  • SWH941SWH941 Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    There were about 6 dozen, a few were implemented. I have a report speed limit function in my 620. THESE ARE NEVER updated. Most of the roads I travel do not show the speed limit on my Tomtom. Right now Interstate 81 south of the Potomac River has been changed (recently) to the wrong speed. I have also corrected the incorrect information for a now torn down shopping center, and NONE of those changes were implemented.
  • John-JayJohn-Jay Posts: 707 [Revered Pioneer]
    I gave up trying to report issues with Speed Limits!

I reported them &, effectively, TomTom ignored the Report - they stayed "Pending" until they simply dropped off the List after 12 Months!
    Superusers
    edited March 27
    SWH941 wrote: »
    There were about 6 dozen, a few were implemented. I have a report speed limit function in my 620. THESE ARE NEVER updated. Most of the roads I travel do not show the speed limit on my Tomtom. Right now Interstate 81 south of the Potomac River has been changed (recently) to the wrong speed. I have also corrected the incorrect information for a now torn down shopping center, and NONE of those changes were implemented.
    Thanks, but did you report using the online MSR tool? Or did you use the device itself to report the errors? The online tool works much better in my experience.
  • Jan SJan S Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    This is my experience also, it does not matter if you use the online MSR tool, Tomtom doesn't give a ... all they do is ask you to buy another GPS and "update" the old one. It has come to the point where I will never ever buy another product from these scammers. All the hard work of changing to new permanent speedlimts on both the device and in the MSR-tool is omitted as soon as you "update" it. It has been wrong for the last 10 years in my county with much too high speedlimits as these have been lowered substationally. No wonder people use their phones instead!
  • Jan SJan S Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Just checked the speedlimits in the MSR, these seems correct, but they are never updated in the GPS, no matter how many times I let it sit by the computer for a couple of hours, "updating" Is the lifetime update on the Go25 (with the right serialnumber to get those) just a "play for the gallerys" where we who bought it just THINKS that it is being updated?
    Superusers
    Hi Jan, do you have any examples (of a wrong speed limit on your device). For me, changes made in the MSR tool are reflected on real maps within a month usually. Sometimes even within 1-2 weeks.