Battery doesn't load anymore

AMNed
AMNed Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Seeker
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Battery doesn't load anymore. Recently it loaded only on a laptop, but now it doesn't load anymore.

Answers

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,936
    Superuser
    It could be the battery is depleted but it also may be the dock. If it charges when plugged in but dies as soon as it is unplugged it is a depleted battery (when plugged in it is not using the battery and the battery is not actually taking a charge, but as soon as you unplug it, it switched to the dead battery). If it does not charge even when plugged in, it may be the dock. Check if there is there any damage to the pins in the charger or the contacts on the watch. If any of the pins are bent or deformed straighten them out with a pin and make sure the contacts on the back of the watch are free of tarnish or grime. You can replace the battery yourself, TT does not do it, you will need to Google instructions, get special tools, figure out what battery you need, purchase it, install it, etc. Frankly, you would probably be better off just getting a new watch; there are plenty of brands out there with better feature sets for less money these days (TT Sports went out of business over 3 years ago).
  • AMNed
    AMNed Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thank you. the watch charges when plugged in but dies as soon as it is unplugged. You say that then it is a depleted batterie. But what can I do about that?

• tfarabaugh
    Superuser
    AMNed wrote: »
    Thank you. the watch charges when plugged in but dies as soon as it is unplugged. You say that then it is a depleted batterie. But what can I do about that?

I answered that above, replace the battery yourself or throw it out and buy a new watch. Considering it is obsolete, i would not waste any more money on it and would put it towards a new watch personally.
  • Aurion16
    Aurion16 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Seeker
    Tomtom adventurer watch will not connect to phone although phone produces a pin number
  • tfarabaugh
    Superuser
    Aurion16 wrote: »
    Tomtom adventurer watch will not connect to phone although phone produces a pin number

You should reset the phone connection following these steps. First need to remove the watch from the phone's BT menu (in iOS you have it forget the device) after you reset or try pairing again and remove the TomTom_MySports folder from the internal storage of the watch (plug it into a computer and you will see it as a hard drive and can delete it there). The steps are: uninstall the app, remove or forget the watch from the phone's BT menu, factory reset the watch, reinstall the app, select Pair New on the app, select Pair New on watch (press down from the clock and select Phone>Pair New, not Sync) and follow the prompts on the phone. You should not be pairing the watch first through the phone's BT menu; it is all done through the app and you must have the phone forget the watch in the BT menu before re-pairing.