how do I find my exact position in case of an emergency tomtom GO PREMIUM — TomTom Community

how do I find my exact position in case of an emergency tomtom GO PREMIUM

how do I find my exact position in case of an emergency. i.e. lat and Long

Best Answer

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,823
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Phingers

If you

Tap Menu
    Tap Drive to or Search
    Tap World Map top right and scroll down and select Long/Lat
    The examples of Long/Lat shown are each a version of the Long/Lat for your current position if the device has connected with the Sats.

Doug

Answers

Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Phingers

If you

Tap Menu
    Tap Drive to or Search
    Tap World Map top right and scroll down and select Long/Lat
    The examples of Long/Lat shown are each a version of the Long/Lat for your current position if the device has connected with the Sats.

Doug
  • PhingersPhingers Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Thanks for that. My last Tom Tom had it displayed in the bottom right hand corner. When you are crossing the Brecon Beacons at night and have a breakdown you need a bit more than the road number when phoning the emergency services.
    Thanks again.
    Superuser
    Hi @Phingers

There is another option that you can also have. Most Tomtom units work with Mapcodes so if you could load the Mapcodes App on your phone. When you open the App it will give you a Mapcode for your current position. If you give that to someone who has a TT unit then when they enter it it will direct you to within feet of where you are. With the App you can display, using Hybrid map display get a Google Earth type Satellite map. If you move the map around and locate the cursor over a position you can get the Mapcode for anywhere in the World. So for example if you input the Mapcode GBR DH.FX in search on your TT device you will be directed to the middle gate at the front of Buckingham Palace.

Doug