Adding a 2nd Runner/Spark to a single Tomtom Sports account — TomTom Community

Adding a 2nd Runner/Spark to a single Tomtom Sports account

HillyRunHillyRun Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
I've used my Runner2 for a few years now but it's battery life only lasts about 2 1/2hrs or so on a bike ride with all other sensors, synchs etc switched off. I've just bought a s/h Spark (2 I think) to use on longer rides with the plan to eventually replace the existing watch for all activities.
This new watch appeared to have just had a factory reset done by it's previous owner (altho it retained some music) so I tried just starting up the Sports app (Android phone) and going in to the Phone menu / right button press for 'Pair New' to connect. All that happens on the watch is the circle revolves around the bluetooth symbol and it shows 'start the app' then eventually gives up and returns back to the previous menu.

Can I have 2 watches simultaneously as connections to the 1 phone ?
I really now just use the TomTom app to export out to Strava so I had a look to see if it was easier to have this newer watch connect directly to Strava whilst the old one connected to the TomTom app but I didn't see how.

Any advice please?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,734
    Superusers
    You cannot have 2 watches connected to one phone, the other one will have to be synced by computer (unless you want to pair and unpair them each time). You also cannot connect directly to Strava, it needs to go through MySports as that is where all the processing is done. If you want to pair the new watch tot eh phone you will need to reset the connection following the steps below. I hope you got the second one for very cheap as they are obsolete considering TT Sports went out of business over 3 years ago and are known for the batteries to die off quickly. You will probably need a new watch in a few months.

You should reset the phone connection following these steps. First need to remove the watch from the phone's BT menu (in iOS you have it forget the device) after you reset or try pairing again and remove the TomTom_MySports folder from the internal storage of the watch (plug it into a computer and you will see it as a hard drive and can delete it there). The steps are: uninstall the app, remove or forget the watch from the phone's BT menu, factory reset the watch, reinstall the app, select Pair New on the app, select Pair New on watch (press down from the clock and select Phone>Pair New, not Sync) and follow the prompts on the phone. You should not be pairing the watch first through the phone's BT menu; it is all done through the app and you must have the phone forget the watch in the BT menu before re-pairing.
  • HillyRunHillyRun Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks, I thought it might be something similar but hadn't realised that the app needed removed too.
    I did get it pretty cheap and it came with a Garmin speed/cadence sensor which in itself was a bonus. By the way that the original watch's battery life went downhill I reckon I've a good few months before this newer one reaches a similar point so I hope to get reasonable use from it. I went for a further TomTom Runner 'old' GPS-type activity watch as I really like it's suitability to my daily running plus outdoor GPS-tracking for bike riders as well as indoor trainer rides using HR and bluetooth speed/cadence sensor data. Many other lower-end watches seem to lack this set of all-round function.