Trying to find current location — TomTom Community

Trying to find current location

TriciaHTriciaH Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
Hi I have a TOMTOM fitted in my Fiat 500X and since Thursday last week, it cannot find my location. The device will let me put in a route, prduces a map, but when I press 'Done' to get the route to commence the journey a black screen appears and state trying to find location and nothing happens, has the option to use last known location, which when pressed, has my car's location in a field next to the motorway, when I am actually sat on my drive at home waiting to depart! Does anyone know how I can get the GPS to 'find' the satellite signal and update?

Best Answer

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,444 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @TriciaH
    Welcome to the community!
    Have you tried a factory reset to see if the GPS reception improves?
    If the problem is related to the GPS receiver inside the device then its best to contact the car dealer to have a look.

Regards, Vikram

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,444 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @TriciaH
    Welcome to the community!
    Have you tried a factory reset to see if the GPS reception improves?
    If the problem is related to the GPS receiver inside the device then its best to contact the car dealer to have a look.

Regards, Vikram
  • TriciaHTriciaH Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi Vikram

Thanks for the advice, I have seen Factory Reset and thought about doing it, however it would loose all saved journeys and may not update the GPS Signal. I just cannot believe that in the UK the main dealership want me to pay £117.50 for a diagnostics check which may not lead them to the problem. Just wish I could find out where the GPS is on the card so I can check if there is a wire dislodged or the sensor needs cleaning.
  • Troubadix12Troubadix12 Posts: 1,988 [Revered Voyager]
    edited March 26
    Hi @TriciaH

mostly the GPS-Receiver is in the Antenna-Foot or Shark-Fin on the roof integrated.

Regards

Troubadix12