Installing Map Eastern Europe on the GO Professional 6250 — TomTom Community

Installing Map Eastern Europe on the GO Professional 6250

vortatavortata Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
edited March 25 in Map installation
I have a GO Professional 6250 navigation with a Europe TRACK map installed and I would like to install an Eastern Europe map in it. Is it possible for free?

Mod edit: Machine translated (Czech )

Best Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,234
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @vortata

If you

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap Maps
    Tap Add a Map

Are you offered the World map range if so then they are all free. Be aware that they are Car maps not Truck maps.so you will not be able to include the vehicle dimensions and weight of a Truck so that it avoids unsuitable roads.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,186 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @vortata
    The devices come with a regional Europe map.
    The webshop at the moment is showing World maps but I think that is incorrect and we have raised a ticket for the same.

The GO PROFESSIONAL 6250 comes with 16GB of internal memory and you already have the full Europe maps installed.

As long as there is enough memory available the map won't be offered in zones.

OR

Are you asking for a map specifically for car navigation? Unfortunately, that won't be possible.

The device has the option to change the vehicle preference, see user guide

Regards, Vikram

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,234
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @vortata

If you

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap Maps
    Tap Add a Map

Are you offered the World map range if so then they are all free. Be aware that they are Car maps not Truck maps.so you will not be able to include the vehicle dimensions and weight of a Truck so that it avoids unsuitable roads.

Doug
  • vortatavortata Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited March 26
    Hi ! Thanks for the answer, but when I enter the command "Add map" in the navigation, it only offers me a map of Europe for the transport of dangerous goods and I do not need it.
    edited March 26
    I don't have the "World Maps" area on offer. Could it be arranged?
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,186 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @vortata
    The devices come with a regional Europe map.
    The webshop at the moment is showing World maps but I think that is incorrect and we have raised a ticket for the same.

The GO PROFESSIONAL 6250 comes with 16GB of internal memory and you already have the full Europe maps installed.

As long as there is enough memory available the map won't be offered in zones.

OR

Are you asking for a map specifically for car navigation? Unfortunately, that won't be possible.

The device has the option to change the vehicle preference, see user guide

Regards, Vikram
    edited March 29
    I'm not asking for a map for in-car navigation. It's just strange to me that even if I enter the vehicle type "Car" (CAR), the map still shows red and orange sections, which are only relevant for trucks (TRUCK).

Mod edit: Machine translated (Czech )