How to permanently disabled information sharing — TomTom Community

How to permanently disabled information sharing

Every time I activate my TomTom I get the same question window whether I want to allow information stored on my device to be used by TomTom. Each time I say yes but the same message still comes up very time I switch on. Is there any way I can stop this as I am happy to share info but find it annoying every time I want to select a journey.

I have gone into the settings multiple times to disable the message through the startup setting, however it does not stop it from appearing every time it turns on.

Answers

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,951
    Superuser
    @Meshe_10101

@VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this up Tomorrow and check/correct your Tomtom Account status....
    Some devices impacted by this bug (Nav3). Tomtom already have a ticket open for it. As a workaround, a software patch fixes the problem.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,145 Moderator
    edited March 24
    Hi @Niall
    I think you are referring to the bug where the 'Information Sharing' screen is not visible on the Nav3 LIVE devices.

I think the issue here is different as the device won't save the settings.

@Meshe_10101
    Just to confirm you tried the same steps to disable the prompt-
    Main menu > Settings > Startup > Look for the option -"Always ask if you want to share information" [It should be de-selected]
    Have you tried a factory reset already to check if the issue persists?

https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013898320

Thanks, Vikram
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,618
    Superusers
    edited March 24
    Hi
    @Meshe_10101
    On my NAV3 GO 825 Live & Via 120 Live
    From the main menu
    Tap (Settings)
    Right Cursor 3 times for next page
    Tap (Start-up)
    Tap Next
    The 'Ask consent for information sharing... etc page is displayed....
    Tap 'No'... To stop the 'Ask consent for information sharing' Nag screen appearing at start-up....

To 'Accept' sharing information using a NAV3 Device....
    From the main menu
    Tap (Settings)
    Left Cursor once for next page
    Tap (Me and My Device)
    Tap (My information)
    The Tomtom 'Sharing information' T&C's page is displayed....
    Tap 'Yes'... To agree....
    Follow on-screen prompts to exit....

ATB YFM
  • Meshe_10101Meshe_10101 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    I've done the steps to disable it, and have done a factory reset, yet the data sharing prompt does not go away.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,618
    Superusers
    edited March 25
    Hi
    @Meshe_10101
    I've done the steps to disable it, and have done a factory reset, yet the data sharing prompt does not go away.
    If you have done as you say in your last post ???
    Then first....
    You set up your device as suggested stopping the 'Information sharing 'Nag screen appearing at start-up....
    Second....
    Surely by then executing a factory reset you have cancelled the changes you made in the first place... And reset the device back to the default setting ???

Stay safe.... ATB YFM