Charging Station POI is not available on the GO 40 — TomTom Community

Charging Station POI is not available on the GO 40

The Tom Tom website shows that the Charging Station POI is available as an update for my Go 40 but the MyDrive Connect App doesn't show this as being available, it says 'Your Device Is Up To Date'

I did update the maps etc but no EV POIs are shown? If I type in Electric nothing is shown in search?

Any ideas?

Comments

• PalfermanPalferman Posts: 115 [Supreme Navigator]
    That’s strange. Electric Vehicle Station shows up in the ‘Search by category’ on my app and also when I type electric in the search bar.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,621
    Superusers
    Hi
    @BayJayZus
    Welcome to the site
    OK Here....

iacvqcij7kow.jpg
    Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • BayJayZusBayJayZus Posts: 10 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Nope not showing for me..

ngljtywix5v9.jpg

I think the account page is showing that the Chargin Station POIs are installed but for some reason they aren't marked 'ACTIVE'

If I search for electric, charge station, pod point etc it shows on the MyDrive Android App but not on the TomTom?

atkzph16ml1q.png
    Superusers
    edited March 23
    Hi
    @BayJayZus
    Check... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Appearance --> Show POI lists on map....
    Scroll down the list....
    Is the Charging Station' POI on the list....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    I don't appear to have that setting option under --> Setting --> Appearance -->

ogn74i7qoxva.jpg
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,158 Moderator
    Hi @BayJayZus
    Could you share a screenshot of the message that shows the device is up-to-date in MyDrive Connect?

Also are there any updates offered when you go into the 'My Content" tab.

Eg- Like in the list shown in the image below-

d8f60psspps0.png

The service for EV charging stations shows active on your TomTom GO 40 and as per our 2nd Line Techincal Team, these updates should get offered as downloads.

Thanks, Vikram
    edited March 23
    Sorry I missed the bottom of the screen.. updated..

vhhssxkv1ycr.png
    Superusers
    edited March 23
    Hi
    @BayJayZus

What are the 1st 2 characters of the GO 40 serial number ??? The two letters define the Tomtom Model....
    wym8jiuqmvyv.jpg
    There's a GO 40 'VY' in the list with only 4GB of on-board memory
    @VikramK was there a Cut-down GO 40 with reduced options ever available for sale ???

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Yes its a VY
    Model number is:

4FC43
    4FC4.001.05
    YamFazMan wrote: »
    @VikramK was there a Cut-down GO 40 with reduced options ever available for sale ???

I asked the team and they don't think the difference in the memory size could be the reason here. The update shows as available in the backend systems.

@BayJayZus

Thanks for adding the screenshot.
    Could you try the below steps, please?

DELETE HOME3 FOLDER-
    1. Disconnect the SatNav.
    2. Exit TomTom MyDrive Connect (make sure it's completely closed, not just minimized to the notification area).
    3. Navigate to C:\Users\<user.name>\AppData\Local\TomTom and delete folder HOME3
    FACTORY RESET + SOFT RESET
    go to - Main menu- Settings- System-Reset

Soft reset-

CHECK FOR UPDATES

Start the MyDrive Connect and re-connect your TomTom GO 40
    Let us know if you see the update under the My Content tab.

Regards, Vikram
    OK I'm on a Mac so presuming removing the Home 3 folder in Library>application support>TomTom should have the same effect? I also had to force quit the app in processes and then re-enter my login details

Anyway I reset the Go 40 from the system menu and I am still getting exactly the message 'Your Device is up to date (see attached).

I also looked in the Appearance menu of the reset device and it still doesn't mention POIs?

I'm not convinced that the Tom Toms is even factory resetting itself properly, when i look at the versions of the map and application version after the reset (which is very quick, less than a minute) both are from 2020 that's before I've even connected the SatNav to mydrive?

6rvdoieu6vot.png
    Superusers
    Hi
    @BayJayZus
    If you're using a Mac....
    The "HOME3" and the "MyDrive Connect" folders are located here...
    MacOS: Users\Username\Library\Application Support\TomTom\

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Yes thats what I did

This isn't working.

Is it worth going into the account on the Tom Tom website and removing the device then re-adding it?
    I've now downloaded the Windows version of MyDrive Connect attached my Go 40 and I am having the same issue, it is giving me exactly the same message 'Your device Is up to date'?
    Hi @BayJayZus
    I am afraid I don't have anything more to advise at this point. This probably will need further investigation.
    I advise would be to report this to our customer service.

Sorry and thanks for trying..

-Vikram