how to import pins kml/kmz from google maps into favourites to TomTom RIDER 500 — TomTom Community

how to import pins kml/kmz from google maps into favourites to TomTom RIDER 500

TImG65TImG65 Posts: 18 [Master Explorer]
edited March 23 in RIDER
can anyone tell me how to import pins kml/kmz from google maps into favourites/poi's on my Rider 500

Answers

• LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 15,366
    Superusers
    You must convert the kml to OV2
    https://www.poieditor.com/poi_convert/kml-to-ov2/
    Then you can import the Ov2 file on the MyDrive Webside and there Upload the Poi List to your MyDrive Account.
    https://mydrive.tomtom.com/

I have just tried it with a test file
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,621
    Superusers
    edited March 24
    Hi
    @TImG65
    Maybe useful....
    MDW Route planner Here... https://mydrive.tomtom.com

Transfer the individual locations manually....
    With Google Maps and the MyDrive Web Route planner both running....
    (1)... Type the required location into the Google Maps Search Box and Click on the Magnifying glass Icon....
    (2)... Right-click on the offered location....
    (3)... A small Window opens... Left-Click on the offered Coordinate, to copy the Coordinate to the clipboard....
    Edit... (4)... Click on the MyDrive Web Route planner search box (To activate the search Box)
    (5)... Use Ctrl + v to paste the coordinates into the MyDrive Web Route planner....
    (6).... Important... Press Enter on your PC Keyboard....
    The MDW Route planner will Zoom to the location and mark the location with a MyPlace Icon (i.e... Starting point)
    (7)... Right-click on the new MyPlace Icon... A new window opens....
    Select... Add a Stop, Send Destination, Add to MyPlaces or Plan a route....

Or

(1)... Right-click on the Google Map at the required location....
    (2)... A small Window opens... Left-Click on the offered Coordinate, to copy the Coordinate to the clipboard....
    Edit... (3)... Click on the MyDrive Web Route planner search box (To activate the search Box)
    (4)... Use Ctrl + v to paste the coordinates into the MyDrive Web Route planner....
    (5).... Important... Press Enter on your PC Keyboard....
    The MDW Route planner will Zoom to the location and mark the location with a MyPlace Icon (i.e... Starting point)
    (6)... Right-click on the new MyPlace Icon... A new window opens.... Select... Add a Stop, Send Destination, Add to MyPlaces or Plan a route....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • TImG65TImG65 Posts: 18 [Master Explorer]
    OK that's really neat. I can easily copy the gps cooords off my places in google maps and indeed your helpful instructions work right down to (7) 'except' when I right. click & get "add to my places" it goes through the routine, but fails to add it to my places.

Am I missing something ? I just tried it with another location, but unfortunately same result.
    Do I need my T/T rider connected as well ??
    BestT
  • TImG65TImG65 Posts: 18 [Master Explorer]
    To continue.... I've found that I need my Rider connected (my-drive connect) in order for this to work. It does put the new location into the device, BUT does not show it on "My Places " in TT route planner on my laptop.Secondly it is possible to delete places on my device but not on the TT Route planner. Any suggestions on 'My Places' management ?
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,621
    Superusers
    edited March 24
    Hi
    @TImG65
    Made an edit to the post and renumbered the bullet points....

Stay safe ATB YFM