I bought a 2016 Smart car with the built-in Tom-Tom media-system and need to update the map — TomTom Community

I bought a 2016 Smart car with the built-in Tom-Tom media-system and need to update the map

MewsieMewsie Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
I bought a 2016 Smart car with the built-in Tom-Tom media-system. It came with the Full Europe map on the SD card but it is expired. I bought a renewal via Smart Media Connect but it is not showing up in my content although the UK and Northern Ireland map and speed camera service I bought (in error) are showing. How do I apply the renewal to my expired map please?

Best Answer

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,411 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Sorry I got it confused with this part-
    Mewsie wrote: »
    although the UK and Northern Ireland map and speed camera service I bought (in error) are showing. How do I apply the renewal to my expired map please?

I quickly reviewed your account and I see the services for map updates UK and ROI are active on your account.

If the downloads are not offered in Smart Media Connect software then please report this to our customer service team.

Regards,
    Vikram

Answers

Hi @Mewsie
    Welcome to the community!
    The map updates can be ordered on our webshop here-
    https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/sat-nav/maps-services/shop/travel-map/europe/

rqkzjtbxeyom.png

Regards, Vikram
  • MewsieMewsie Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Thanks for the quick response Vikram. I have already bought the map renewal (£49.95) but my problem is that it is mot showing up in my content.
    Accepted Answer
    Sorry I got it confused with this part-
    Mewsie wrote: »
    although the UK and Northern Ireland map and speed camera service I bought (in error) are showing. How do I apply the renewal to my expired map please?

I quickly reviewed your account and I see the services for map updates UK and ROI are active on your account.

If the downloads are not offered in Smart Media Connect software then please report this to our customer service team.

Regards,
    Vikram
  • MewsieMewsie Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Thanks again Vikram. The UK/ROI is not the one I need (I bought this in error and am seeking cancellation and a refund separately). Could you check that there is also a Full Europe latest map on my account - I bought this on 21 March but Smart Media Connect is only showing the old expired map that was on the SD card when I bought the car. Many thanks!
    Hi @Mewsie
    I don't see an active map of Europe on your account.
    It's better to contact the customer service along with the order number as they should be able to sort out services on the account.

Regards, Vikram