Subscribed to family sharing but no way to set it up — TomTom Community

Subscribed to family sharing but no way to set it up

Colin95Colin95 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
Hi, I have just subscribed to family sharing via my mobile app. I presumed that I would have to set up family sharing on my iphone, but TomTom Go does not appear as a shareable app.
How do I share with my family?

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,172 Moderator
    Hi @Colin95

Welcome to the Community! What is the App version installed on your phone? With the new version 2.5, a new Family Sharing plan is added. You can upgrade anytime in the Settings>Apple ID>Subscriptions on your iOS device, make sure the family sharing option (Settings > Apple ID > Family Sharing) is turned on.

Regards, lampard

• Colin95Colin95 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Thankyou - I had presumed that that was how it worked but although I had set up family sharing and I could see the list of apps available to share TomTom was not there. However this morning it is. So all good.
    Thanks again.
  • MeandmoiMeandmoi Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Hi, could someone please explain what my daughter has to do to use family sharing on her iphone 7? She downloaded the TOMTOM app. But how to login to get family sharing?
    Thanks
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,172 Moderator
    edited March 30
    Hi @Meandmoi

Welcome to the Community! As mentioned in my comment above, you need a Family Sharing plan. Upon upgrading, Apple will refund the remainder of your original subscription. The FAQ here might help you to set up a Family sharing.

Regards, lampard
  • GeoffShepGeoffShep Posts: 19 [Master Explorer]
    You have made comment about refunding the remaining subscription but not answered how to activate TomTom app on the other device.

We have active apple family sharing, I have just switched from single to family TT subscription but the app on my partner's device still says no active subscription.

How do we get the app to work on her iPhone now that I have purchased a family subscription.
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,011
    Community Manager
    In Settings > Apple ID > Family Sharing, have you set up your Family on your phone?
    Yes, her name appears in my family sharing and vice-versa.
    Sorted - it was all down to me having separate Apple IDs for iCloud and the app store - in fact this was the way Apple originally recommended back in the early days. Now it is just a pain in the neck as I have apps purchased under different IDs and IDs cannot be merged - but it is getting better.

I re-started family sharing with the Apple ID associated with the TT subscription and she now gets TT.

However, I don't think any of this is explained very well (or at all) on the TT subscription page.
  • HickymotoHickymoto Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I have subscribed to family sharing but I have an iPhone and my son has a android phone how does he use the app on family share.
  • CMACMA Posts: 1 [Novice Seeker]
    Same as Hickymoto, I have upgraded to family plan and I can not login my account to my wife’s android phone. Says does not recognise account, but does on iPhone?