Font size for street names — TomTom Community

Font size for street names

FidalgoRobFidalgoRob Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
Hello. Is there a way to increase the font size used for street names in 3-D map view? While riding my motorcycle I want to be able to read the street names with a quick glance. Can't do that with the existing font. Thanks.

Answers

• FidalgoRobFidalgoRob Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Before posting my earlier question I searched the forum for "font size". After browsing through the first 7 or 8 screens of Q&A in this forum I found the answer to my question. That post referred to "text size", which is why my search didn't find it. The answer from October 2020 is that the font size cannot be changed.

TomTom moderators...could you please add font size adjustment as a requested feature? Motorcycle riders need to be able to read screens quickly. Squinting at small text is dangerous.
  • TigerRiderTigerRider Posts: 140 [Revered Navigator]
    edited March 21
    Guys, I'm old enough to need bifocals but rich enough for varifocals, just. Trouble is I've found my varifocals have such a narrow sweet spot I can fool myself its clear at fully left or right making them dangerous for use at junctions.

My solution on the bike is bifocals with a very low on the lens secondary intermediary focus lens that makes things at my arms length, basically where the Nav is, in focus. The major area of the lens being for distance.

It means buying a particular specification but it works very well when riding. Would not recommend varifocals on a motorbike because of the way they work. Bifocals with a normal reading prescription don't give me access to the instruments or SatNav.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,621
    Superusers
    Hi
    @TigerRider
    I use Kodak varifocals lenses... No problems....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • TigerRiderTigerRider Posts: 140 [Revered Navigator]
    @YamFazMan , on my pension!!

Actually its the aging neck that hasn't gone far enough left or right as it did for far too long now. My eyes try to make up the difference but the varifocal focus away from the lens centre isn't as good as it needs to be but the clever old brain covers the new blind spot and doesn't tell you. This one creeps up on you. Take care.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,621
    Superusers
    edited March 22
    Hi
    @TigerRider
    Kodak varifocals lenses are quite expensive, but they have a wide field of vision....
    I recently tried the Specsavers varifocals, but I returned them for a refund it was like I was looking into a tunnel with blurry peripheral vision....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM