Mydrive connect is treating not installed maps (17 of them) as updates — TomTom Community

Mydrive connect is treating not installed maps (17 of them) as updates

leexgxleexgx Posts: 35 [Renowned Wayfarer]
I am Currently extremely disappointed with MyDrive connect software for usb only tomtom via 52 I got here

its treating not installed maps as updates and it stupidly downloaded 34gb of maps on a 14mb adsl connection to The laptop (and the app is very poor at showing progress, it was stuck on 5% and 1 hour 20 minutes until I just left the laptop At work) time start 9pm it finished at 2am in the morning, the date modified time of the last content file in the cache folder)

I am never going to use the zones because the euro zone witch is 7gb covers it all, why is tomtom my connect treating the 17 maps as updates, maps that are Not installed on the tomtom device should be under manual map install that are below the update page

Is this a bug? as it's wasting 27gb of maps stored locally that I am Never going to use (and I assume its going to download 34gb every 3 months)

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,639
    Superusers
    edited March 21
    Hi
    @leexgx
    What are the 1st 2 characters of the Via 52 serial number ??? The two letters define the Tomtom Model....

3iicciv544ta.jpg
    Your Via 52 has either 8GB or 16GB of built-in memory....
    Even if you install a 32GB (MAX size Tomtom recommends) Micro SDHC Memory Card... You are still not going to be able to install the 17 World maps you quote as being offered in MyDrive Connect ....

Also, can't see MyDrive loading the full set of the World Map onto your PC Hard drive in the background ??? Why would Tomtom do that ??? What would be the point ???
    MyDrive only uses the PC as a buffer for the individual Map updates...

I wonder ??? When was the last time you cleared the MyDrive Connect Cache ???
    The MDC Cache is deleted Manually, the cache does not Auto delete... At 9.13GB for the Full Europe Map... Each download soon mounts up

With MyDrive Connect running...
    Click on the Cog Wheel Icon Screen top right
    Click on the Downloads Tab
    Empty download folder
    Save settings

Also, if you don't clear the MyDrive Cache ??? You will only re-install any corrupt Map in the Cache again, instead if a Freshly Downloaded & Installed Map

Stay Safe ATB YFM
  • leexgxleexgx Posts: 35 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    YamFazMan wrote: »

Note it was cleanly installed yesterday (not my device, it had 3gb remaining I believe) the only thing I did do was press update all maps witch is likely why it triggered all 18 maps to download instead of just the single large euro zone only (but it shouldn't of been showing me the smaller individual zones as euro zone has all of them)

Just find it silly it is showing the 17 maps as updates and that it downloaded 34gb (they should be below the update page only as the maps are not loaded on the device apart from euro zone witch is what the device unlimited updates allow)

I have to see the laptop another time if the delete cache is there

The primary issue is that it keeps on showing the 17 individual map zones as actual updates when all 17 zones are in the single euro map, it should only be offering updates for installed maps