Connect my routes form my drive app to my GO app — TomTom Community

Connect my routes form my drive app to my GO app

I have some motor routes with GPX files on my drive app. But i can click on the route but i can't start them there. So i donwloaded the TOMTOM GO app. I clicked on the switch to connect my GO app to my drive. But i can't seem to find my routes.
Can someone help me?

Comments

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,576
    Superuser
    Hi @Fabienne_33377

As I understand it My Routes has not been available in the IOS App and the recent Map change has meant that the Apps Maps are not compatible with the My Drive App. Tomtom have stated they are working on resolving the compatibility issue and then will seek to add the My Routes option to the IOS system and the Android units as well.. No timescale has been given for achieving this but hopefully it will be soon as this would be a valuable upgrade to the Navigation App and would restore the option to the Android App which until the latest version was available to Android users.

Doug
  • BernhardusBernhardus Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    As I understand under the reviews at the AppStore (TomTom Go), it is stated dec 21, 2020, that this function (My Routes) are expected to be available at the end of the first quarter of 2021.
    So that is the end of March 2021!!!
  • scubaalscubaal Posts: 37 [Master Explorer]
    This is a critical function (My Routes) in the iOS app. The routing algorithm is flakey so I often have to modify the route to go 'via' somewhere to ensure it takes the right route. But of course I cant save or reuse that route on the iOS app - so I have to do it EVERY time. Very frustrating. On the point of giving up on TomTom after 10+ years of use as the other navigation apps are just overtaking it.
  • CAS60CAS60 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    edited April 8
    I have been waiting for a long time for the functionality to import "my routes" into the GO app. If this is possible, I will immediately take out a one-year subscription and probably many others with me. I think TomTom is letting a lot of money slip away here. Elsewhere you read that TomTom expected to have solved this by the end of 2020, now April 2021 it is still not solved. Too bad !

(Machine translated from Dutch)

Ik wacht al lang op de functionaliteit om "mijn routes" te importeren in de GO-app. Als dit mogelijk is neem ik direct een jaar abonnement en waarschijnlijk met mij vele anderen. TomTom laat hier, denk ik, veel geld schieten. Elders lees je dat TomTom verwachtte dit eind 2020 opgelost te hebben, nu april 2021 is het nog steeds niet geregeld. Jammer !
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,030
    Community Manager
    The upcoming 2.6 release will add the routes sync from MyDrive.
  • LevispLevisp Posts: 38 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Understand version 2.6 was going to be released this week. Not seen anything yet. Can you please confirm a date. Many thanks.
  • PritVaderPritVader Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Looking forward to 2.6