Lifetime speed camera updates expired after I changed my legal name and email address — TomTom Community

Lifetime speed camera updates expired after I changed my legal name and email address

RobRoberts66_AlphaRobRoberts66_Alpha Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
I bought my TomTom Rider 400 in August 20th 2017 and since I bought it the updates came regular. This has stopped after I change my legal name from Robert Esser to Rob Roberts. Now the speed camera update will sell me a subscription. This is not correct. Please check and reinstall the lifetime speed camera update.
Thank you
Rob

Answers

• rider1riderrider1rider Posts: 904 [Revered Pioneer]
    send email to customer care or live chat tomorrow
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,208
    Superuser
    Hi @RobRoberts66_Alpha

Look back here tomorrow to see if @VikramK or @lampard have been able to sort the issue out having reviewed the settings of your unit on the TT servers.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,145 Moderator
    edited March 22
    @RobRoberts66_Alpha
    Hi Rob
    Welcome to the community!
    I reviewed your TomTom account and I see all the services including speed cameras look okay..
    TomTom services are associated with the device so a change of accounts/ownership should not impact the subscriptions.

Where exactly do you see the expiration message?

Thanks, Vikram
  • RobRoberts66_AlphaRobRoberts66_Alpha Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    VikramK wrote: »
    @RobRoberts66_Alpha
    Hi Rob
    Welcome to the community!
    I reviewed your TomTom account and I see all the services including speed cameras look okay..
    TomTom services are associated with the device so a change of accounts/ownership should not impact the subscriptions.

Where exactly do you see the expiration message?

Thanks, Vikram

HI Vikram,

I see the message when I log on the the web side into my account. I go to my product and over my satnav is a petrol colour box. The message says: "YOUR SPEED CAMERA ALERTS ARE DEACTIVATED
    £ 0.99 (£ 0.33 per month)".
    Could you please have a look, and I don't get any new messages about a speed camera update for a while now...
    Hi Rob
    That is a website error please ignore that message. It has been reported to the team.

The best way to review the status of the service would be on your TomTom itself

Go to- Main menu- Settings- System-About

Furthermore, the updates for speed cameras are released twice a week- Tuesday and Thursday. Look for updates on these days and speed cameras should be offered as downloads.

Regards, Vikram
    Hi Rob
    That is a website error please ignore that message. It has been reported to the team.

The best way to review the status of the service would be on your TomTom itself

Go to- Main menu- Settings- System-About

Furthermore, the updates for speed cameras are released twice a week- Tuesday and Thursday. Look for updates on these days and speed cameras should be offered as downloads.

Regards, Vikram
    btw, the system shows me that is TomTom rider 450 not a 400 that is shown on the website.

The only update is on maps the Europe v1065.10748.
    Where can I finde the information about the update on the speed cameras?
    Hi Rob
    Both RIDER 450 not and RIDER 400 have the same serial number initials so MyDrive Connect could be calling it a RIDER 450.

Europe v1065.10748 is the map version you are referring to, its the lastest.
    See the video below to check the status for services like Traffic and Speed Cameras

Also, could you share a screenshot of the renewal message on the website, please?
    I would like to add that to the existing ticket.

Thank you, Vikram
    edited March 31
    Hi Rob
    Both RIDER 450 not and RIDER 400 have the same serial number initials so MyDrive Connect could be calling it a RIDER 450.

See the video below to check the status for services like Traffic and Speed Cameras

Also, could you share a screenshot of the renewal message on the website, please?

Thank you, Vikram

Here the screenshots.
    bpeq57x6o1b6.png

wjomdssecqpk.png

Mod edit:
    Image edited to remove the device serial number.
    Please don't post private or personal information on a public forum. Thanks!

Hi Rob

Thank you, Vikram

Here the screenshots.

Here is another screenshot form the website when I tried to look at the updates. Doesn't work either.
    Hi Rob

Thank you, Vikram

Here the screenshots.

Here is another screenshot form the website when I tried to look at the updates. Doesn't work either.

Hi VikramK,
    today I want to update the model. Than I saw that the model is not activated. I want to activate it again, but I can not fined my activation code. I would like to ask you to send me a private message with the new activation code. The new email should be in the system.
    Thank you.
    Rob
    edited March 31
    Hey Rob
    Thanks for sharing the screenshots. The problem is related to a bug specific to the TomTom account page on our website.

See my reply to a similar topic here- https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1751230/#Comment_1751230

I just wanted to assure you that your TomTom RIDER has a subscription[Speed Cameras] for the lifetime of the device.

These updates are offered as downloads in MyDrive Connect. See the steps on our support article here- https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013959559

[Note: Speed camera updates are released twice a week- Tuesday and Wednesday]

I will add the screenshots you shared to the existing ticket.

Regards, Vikram