Go 5100 keeps wanting to go to my car — TomTom Community

Go 5100 keeps wanting to go to my car

Since the last update when I set off from work my 5100 keeps asking if I want to go to my car (even though I am already in it!) it always used to ask if I wanted to go home, how do I stop this incorrect behaviour? It doesn’t seem to do this going the other direction from home to work.
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,091
    Superusers
    edited March 20 Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @Bensmith
    Welcome to the site...
    Check... In MyPlaces have you set a MyPlace called 'MyCar' ???
    It's a feature of the MyDrive App... The info can be found in the....
    GO Premium User Guide....
    Here... https://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/TomTom_GO_PREMIUM/refman/TomTom-GO-PREMIUM-EU-UM-en-gb.pdf
    See... Last Mile Navigation... Page 123
    See... Find my car... Page 124

Stay Safe,,, ATB YFM
  • kieronkieron Posts: 456
    Superusers
    Hi there Bensmith -

If I remember rightly, the GO 5100 has a feature that will predict where you are most likely to be travelling to depending on past route history, time of day and day of week.
    This can be quite handy, but I believe I prevented this from occurring by going into the menu “Settings”, scrolling right to “System”, scrolling down to “Your information & privacy” and turning off the slider “Keep route history”. If you would like further information on this, then press the “Learn More” at the bottom of the screen and scroll down until you see “Route history”.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,091
    Superusers
    edited March 20
    Hi
    Re... Predictive destinations (On by default)
    I turned mine off, I found I was cancelling many more suggestions than I was accepting....
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> System --> Route planning... Slide the 'Suggest destinations' slide switch to the left (Off)

41no9bu1uqom.jpg
    Another plus, I find the device more responsive with Predictive destinations turned off... Maybe its not having the device at every journey comparing date/day/time against its destination database and not having the free space being filled up with stored destinations

Stay Safe... ATB YFM]
  • BensmithBensmith Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    YamFazMan wrote: »
    Hi
    @Bensmith
    Welcome to the site...
    Check... In MyPlaces have you set a MyPlace called 'MyCar' ???
    It's a feature of the MyDrive App... The info can be found in the....
    GO Premium User Guide....
    Here... https://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/TomTom_GO_PREMIUM/refman/TomTom-GO-PREMIUM-EU-UM-en-gb.pdf
    See... Last Mile Navigation... Page 123 & Find my car... Page 124

Stay Safe,,, ATB YFM

Many thanks, a quick and fully correct answer, I don’t know why it created a “my car” location as I am certain that I didn’t do it and it was driving me nuts, I have deleted it and fully expect the behaviour to return to normal.