Go 5100 Traffic and MyDrive services are not working or intermittent — TomTom Community

Go 5100 Traffic and MyDrive services are not working or intermittent

My Go 5100 has worked perfectly for a few years. The services stopped working a few months ago. When the chat services were available I was told it could be a 'software glitch' and there would be a c£100 repair bill. However, the services have since worked for a couple of days, sometimes hours, sometimes minutes. I've done a soft reset/removed the SD card and used a smaller map. Can I reinstall the operating system? There hasn't been an update for a while and I suspect this problem started after the last update. I'm not really willing to pay a hefty repair bill when I don't think there's a hardware problem. Software glitches should be the responsibility of TomTom, I think!

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,979
    Superusers
    edited March 20
    Hi
    @peat55
    Welcome to the site...
    Maybe useful.... See Note (1) For a NAV 4 device like your GO 5100....

Warning... The following will void your Tomtom guarantee....
    All the usual disclaimers apply, all the of the following is at your own discretion

The SIM cards for the Live NAV3, NAV4 & NAV5 (Wi-Fi) devices are located under concealed flaps and/or stickers in various location on the devices....
    On the GO 6200 & GO 6250... The SIM Card is situated under the sticker bearing the serial number....
    acrlkaji0g4o.jpg
    I think the SIM contacts oxidize over time and removing and replacing the SIM a few times or cleaning the contacts of the SIM... Remakes the connection....
    Important....
    Note (1)....
    For more detailed info + The NAV4 GO 5/6000 devices...
    See...
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1693015/#Comment_1693015

Stay Safe... ATB YFM