Family Sharing questions for Go Navigation App — TomTom Community

Family Sharing questions for Go Navigation App

HerbaldewHerbaldew Posts: 35 [Master Explorer]
I read the answer to this one elsewhere but would like to verify .... If one already has a subscription, just buy the new family subscription and you are automatically refunded for the balance remaining of your existing single subscription - right?

Logins - Does everyone on your family plan use the same login email/password or can each one use their own so they can have their own MyDrive data?

Comments

• Richard_Millard1Richard_Millard1 Posts: 0 [New Seeker]
    edited March 14
    My wife and I both have a TomTom yearly subscriptions which expire at different times throughout the year.

If I sign up to a family sharing account today, I am entitled to get a partial refund on my account for the unused months remaining.

As my wife is also in my Family Sharing group would she automatically be upgraded to the family sharing account and if so would she also get a partial refund for the months remaining on her account?
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,091
    Superusers
    edited March 15
    Hi
    @Richard_Millard1
    Welcome to the site....
    Contacting Tomtom Support….
    Due to COVID-19 the phone service has been suspended
    The way of contacting Customer Services has changed

Tomtom Support Email or Chat lines...
    (Monday to Friday Normal Office Hours)
    (1)... A couple of Tips when Contacting Tomtom Support....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1714844/#Comment_1714844

(2)... Tomtom FAQ … How to Contact Tomtom Support....
    Here… https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919-How-to-contact-TomTom-support

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,613 Moderator
    edited March 15
    Hi @Richard_Millard1

Welcome to the Community! Does this answer your question?

Regards, lampard
  • Colin95Colin95 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    edited April 2
    Hi, I have just subscribed to family sharing via my mobile app. I presumed that I would have to set up family sharing on my iphone, but TomTom Go does not appear as a shareable app.
    How do I share with my family?
    Hi @Colin95

Welcome to the Community! What is the App version installed on your phone? With the new version 2.5, a new Family Sharing plan is added. You can upgrade anytime in the Settings>Apple ID>Subscriptions on your iOS device, make sure the family sharing option (Settings > Apple ID > Family Sharing) is turned on.

Regards, lampard

• Colin95Colin95 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Thankyou - I had presumed that that was how it worked but although I had set up family sharing and I could see the list of apps available to share TomTom was not there. However this morning it is. So all good.
    Thanks again.
  • MeandmoiMeandmoi Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Hi, could someone please explain what my daughter has to do to use family sharing on her iphone 7? She downloaded the TOMTOM app. But how to login to get family sharing?
    Thanks
    edited July 26
    Hi @Meandmoi

Welcome to the Community! As mentioned in my comment above, you need a Family Sharing plan. Upon upgrading, Apple will refund the remainder of your original subscription. The FAQ here might help you to set up a Family sharing.

Regards, lampard
  • GeoffShepGeoffShep Posts: 19 [Master Explorer]
    You have made comment about refunding the remaining subscription but not answered how to activate TomTom app on the other device.

We have active apple family sharing, I have just switched from single to family TT subscription but the app on my partner's device still says no active subscription.

How do we get the app to work on her iPhone now that I have purchased a family subscription.
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,642
    Community Manager
    In Settings > Apple ID > Family Sharing, have you set up your Family on your phone?
    Yes, her name appears in my family sharing and vice-versa.
    Sorted - it was all down to me having separate Apple IDs for iCloud and the app store - in fact this was the way Apple originally recommended back in the early days. Now it is just a pain in the neck as I have apps purchased under different IDs and IDs cannot be merged - but it is getting better.

I re-started family sharing with the Apple ID associated with the TT subscription and she now gets TT.

However, I don't think any of this is explained very well (or at all) on the TT subscription page.
  • HickymotoHickymoto Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I have subscribed to family sharing but I have an iPhone and my son has a android phone how does he use the app on family share.
  • CMACMA Posts: 1 [Novice Seeker]
    Same as Hickymoto, I have upgraded to family plan and I can not login my account to my wife’s android phone. Says does not recognise account, but does on iPhone?
  • AssassinAssassin Posts: 0 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Can I use my family subscription on my Apple and android devices?
    Hi @Assassin

Welcome to the Community! You can not share a single subscription across different platforms. Have a look at the response here from paba2: https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1742801/#Comment_1742801

Regards, lampard
  • JongbjJongbj Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I have a similar problem. Family subscription, visible on 3 iPhone (of the 3 family members), however, the TomTom app on one of the phones refuses to see the subscription. Have reinstalled the app, but did not solve.

What to do now?
    Bought the Family sharing package. It works well on my iPhone 12Pro and my wife's iPhone12Mini. Somehow on my mom's phone, an iPhoneX, the app keeps indicating there are no valid subscriptions, even though the iPhone itself sees the TomTom subscription in 'family sharing'. Tried to reinstall the app but didn't work.

Any thoughts?
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,642
    Community Manager
    Have you made sure that on each iPhone under iOS Settings > Apple ID > Family Sharing you have set up a family?
    Yes, of course. It even shows as a shared subscription on all the phones.
    The iPhone knows it is shared, it is the TomTom app that doesn't seem able to find the subscription.
  • ClaudioB_58ClaudioB_58 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Hello, I have the same issue with my subscription. I have correctly setup my family in my account, they can also see the subscription in their devices. However when my daughter tries to login with my credentials to the tom tom app It states that there is no active subscription under this account.

What could be the issue for this situation? I tried also to contact the apple support, however they said to check with tom tom support directly.

Any ideas? Is It correct that she needs to login with my TomTom user and password credentials?
  • DecorWongDecorWong Posts: 0 [New Seeker]
    edited April 27
    Hi,
    I have subscript the family plan in my mobile. But I cannot login the plan on my car machine. What can I do? Need to subscript the other plan? One machine need one subscription?
    Hi @DecorWong

If you already subscribed to the family sharing plan, make sure the family sharing option (Settings > Apple ID > Family Sharing) is turned on. The FAQ here might help you to set up a Family sharing.

Regards, lampard
  • LevispLevisp Posts: 74 [Supreme Navigator]
    edited April 30
    Thanks for posting and having read the FAQ its not for me. I will stick to my individual subscription. Why ? Simple because of MyPlaces ( hopefully and MyRoutes ) will be shared with family members. So my wife will have to see my favourites and then use my account to set up her favourites. With no folder structure it could become a very long list. Not sure that's a very good idea. Me thinks the Go App needs to implement folders.

Long lists is a problem for me now in MyDrive and my Rider 550, don't see the point in my iPhone joining the club.

Mod edit: This discussion was created from comments split from: Family Sharing FAQ.