Stuck on Logo Screen After Map Upgrade — TomTom Community

Stuck on Logo Screen After Map Upgrade

My GO 60 was working great until I tried to update the maps. No I am stuck on the logo screen.I've tried holding the button down for an extended time and can't get the screen with white text. I've tried tapping the screen on startup and no luck. I've tried pushing the button numerous (3-10 times) amounts of times after start-up with no success. Has anyone ever solved this problem?

Thanks

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,618
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Drglass1
    Welcome to the site....
    What are the 1st 2 characters of the devices serial number ??? The two letters define the Tomtom Model....

Stay Safe...
  • Drglass1Drglass1 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    The serial # is
    VD4034G02167

MODEL#
    4FC64
    4FC6.001.02

Thanks
    Superusers
    edited March 18
    Hi
    @Drglass1
    9izolqxhlu75.jpg
    Check... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> System --> About....
    Scroll down check 'Free Space....

The early 8GB NAV4 devices... The Maps fitted easily onto the 8GB of on-board Memory, but the Map sizes increases with every update... Now the 8GB limit on-board Memory size on the 8GB NAV4 devices is an unfortunate, but real Catch22 situation....

For instance the latest NAV4 Full Europe Map size is now around 8.6GB....The device also uses the onboard Memory for the Operating System + 400MB is used for working space and is considered the bare minimum free space for the device to operate....

@VikramK or @lampard one of the Forum Moderators will pick this up and if required ??? Add a small Map to the Account to get past the 'Catch22' No Maps Found error....

For More Info & Options See Catch22... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1686043/#Comment_1686043

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    edited March 18
    I am getting the understanding about the lack of headroom in the memory department. I can see that a smaller map would make it happy.
    How though, do I get it to purge or replace the too large map with a svelte map when I can't get it to connect in my drive?
    Do I use the SD slot?

Thanks,

Steve
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Drglass1
    Important....
    NEVER have a Tomtom device connected to your PC when....
    (1)... Installing MyDrive Connect (Including Uninstalling & Reinstalling MyDrive Connect)
    (2)... Updating the MyDrive Connect program
    (3)... Modifying MyDrive Connect (i.e... Deleting the Home3 and the MyDrive Connect folders as in the workaround shown below)

Having your device connected can have an adverse effect on the USB Driver install….

Option... (1) If you are still having problems with MyDrive Connect...
    For example.... 'Tomtom servers busy' etc...
    I find deleting the "HOME3" and the "MyDrive Connect" folders in the MyDrive Connect Program will usually bring MyDrive Connect back to life....
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1727979/#Comment_1727979

Or

Option... (2) Delete & Reinstall MyDrive Connect....
    If you're using a Windows PC... I Delete MyDrive Connect using the free version of Revo Uninstaller....
    Important.... Watch the Video in the link....
    The Revo Uninstall is a two stage process.... The initial standard uninstall
    Then a scan to remove files the standard Uninstallation leaves behind....

See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1722414/#Comment_1722414

If you're using a Mac... Surely there must be a Deep Clean Uninstaller Program available for a Mac ???

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Thanks again for your time...

So, are you saying that if I use a different computer altogether and do a first install of "MyDrive Connect" on it, it might solve my problem? (I am on a Mac BTW.) This seems easier than trying to surgically remove from my desktop computer.

Steve