Average Speed Cameras — TomTom Community

Average Speed Cameras

RoadRunner666RoadRunner666 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
Okay, so I drive down the A40 (Western Avenue) & A406 (North Circular) roads in London. Let's say the speed limit is 40mph then yes it shows that however, the average speed right hand column will show 50mpoh. Should the speed show 50mph then again yes the correct speed limit is shown however, this time the average speed limit will sow 40mph, starting the alarms for excessive speed.
This is surely a programming error and not something you can as a user rectify??
Michael

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,394 Moderator
    edited March 22
    Hi @RoadRunner666

Sorry about the delay in response! Will you be able to provide precise locations where the issue is observed?
    Should the speed show 50mph then again yes the correct speed limit is shown however, this time the average speed limit will sow 40mph, starting the alarms for excessive speed.
    This is a bit unclear, Did you find the place, where the speed bubble at the bottom of the screen shows a speed limit equal to 50 mph, whereas the speed zone limit is 40 mph?

Regards, lampard
  • AmirMhmdAmirMhmd Posts: 17 [Master Explorer]
    Hi I have the same error on my Tomtom go (2.3.7) android application however i have the old tomtom go on my android unit on my car that shows the correct Average speed camera and please see attached pictures
    I have only seen this issue with the new tomtom go app not the old one, for this reason and others i still have to use both versions
    s0xa24vtc1at.jpg
    ze8y90fclxo3.jpg
    v3l2ng7jmfcq.jpg
    ztr34b6k03zy.jpg
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,394 Moderator
    Hi @AmirMhmd

Welcome to the Community! We are aware of incorrect speed limits in some areas on the new app, you can report this on MapShare Reporter: https://www.tomtom.com/mapshare/tools/new/mapshare/

Regards, lampard