6250 My Places — TomTom Community

6250 My Places

Hello Everyone,

I have a 6250 already and just brought another 1 from TomTom, is it possible to take the locations (My Places) from the older 1 and transfer them to the new 1 without removing them from the memory ?

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,867
    Superuser
    Hi @Tornado60163

If you set the new one up inputting the same My Drive Account as the other unit then you should sync the same My Places, Home and My Routes etc to the it.

There is one issue to be aware of. The problem is if you are using one of the units and someone starts the second unit or uses My Drive on their PC of Phone and create a route that route then is also sent to your unit even although it is in mid journey. Also if you are mid journey and change the route the revised route is sent to the other unit as well.

The solution is that when using the units you log out of My Drive, ie Stop Syncing, then the issue will not occur. You only log into My Drive on a unit when you need the syncing services etc.

Doug
  • Tornado60163Tornado60163 Posts: 3 [New Traveler]
    Hello Doug,

Thanks for replying.

To be honest i don't think i have set a account up for My Drive on the original device so i will have to look in to that and see how it goes .