How do I change email address for MyDrive on my GO 5200 device? — TomTom Community

How do I change email address for MyDrive on my GO 5200 device?

seems impossible to change the account email on my tomtom device. It is currently asking for pasword connected to an old email adres (not used anymore). How do I change it? I already have the correct email and password on my Mydrice app on my laptop

Best Answers

• Willy875Willy875 Posts: 824 [Revered Pioneer]
    Accepted Answer
    Hello Parameter then reset to factory values.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,589
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @RoyyA

To change the email account and password on your unit

Tap menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap System
    Tap Reset Device.

The unit will restart and you will have to set it up with My Drive etc as if it was first time out of the box.

Before you do the above if you have any routes saved on the unit then insert a new smallgb card in it and go to My Routes and export the routes to the cars so you can import them after the reset.

Doug

Answers

• rdisserdisse Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    And somehow all suggestions from the tomtomwebsite end up being about something completely different
  • Willy875Willy875 Posts: 824 [Revered Pioneer]
    Accepted Answer
    Hello Parameter then reset to factory values.
  • RoyyARoyyA Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    edited March 17
    How can I change the email in the mydrive connect of my trucker account 6000.Zxxxxxxxxx774 I don't know what the old email or pw is I need to update the maps to reactivate the use of this equipment

Mod edit:
    Machine translated (Portuguese)
    Please don't post private or personal information on a public forum. Thanks!

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,589
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @RoyyA

To change the email account and password on your unit

Tap menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap System
    Tap Reset Device.

The unit will restart and you will have to set it up with My Drive etc as if it was first time out of the box.

Before you do the above if you have any routes saved on the unit then insert a new smallgb card in it and go to My Routes and export the routes to the cars so you can import them after the reset.

Doug
  • RoyyARoyyA Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Obrigada DougLab mas o meu problema era aceder ao mydrive connect para actualizar os mapas, já o consegui fazer
    RoyyA