TomTom Start 60, 600, 6000. And then there's... — TomTom Community

TomTom Start 60, 600, 6000. And then there's...

Hi once again :-)

Sooo many models...

Ok, I think I know the difference between Start and START (the latter being the more recent - since 2013?), but what's the difference between the 60, 600 and 6000? Are they 'updates' or different spec?

And then there's 61, 610...

Argh :-)

Is there a list somewhere that shows their rough specs, but mainly the age of each model?

Thanks.

Best Answer

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,589
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Noobie

All 3 models came out basically at the same time

I think you may find the GO 60 probably came out with something like the Wesyern Europe map map and the need to pay subscriptions for Cameras. After 3 months

The GO600 will be the same except the Full Europe Map and subscriptions for the cameras after 3 months

The GO6000 is the same as the Go600 except it has an inbuilt Mobile Sim which connects to the TT servers for the latest Traffic data etc. There is no on cost for this data use she by the sim.

The 61/610 /6100 are the same except they have free access to the World Maps.

Doug

Answers

• rider1riderrider1rider Posts: 543 [Revered Pioneer]
    60,600 regional maps regional traffic
    61/610 world maps regional traffic
    all need smartphone to connect
    all are outdated

go premium & discover latest
  • NoobieNoobie Posts: 16 [Master Explorer]
    Thanks Rider.

Were the 60, 600 and 6000 released simultaneously, so are differently spec'd models, or are they chronological releases - ie some are 'newer'?

Is there somewhere I can quickly look up the basic specs - and release dates - of each model?

I know that some at least are 'outdated', but as long as maps updates are available for a few years yet I don't mind.

Thanks.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,589
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Noobie

All 3 models came out basically at the same time

I think you may find the GO 60 probably came out with something like the Wesyern Europe map map and the need to pay subscriptions for Cameras. After 3 months

The GO600 will be the same except the Full Europe Map and subscriptions for the cameras after 3 months

The GO6000 is the same as the Go600 except it has an inbuilt Mobile Sim which connects to the TT servers for the latest Traffic data etc. There is no on cost for this data use she by the sim.

The 61/610 /6100 are the same except they have free access to the World Maps.

Doug
  • NoobieNoobie Posts: 16 [Master Explorer]
    Thank you. :-)