How do I remove info from devise so I can update. — TomTom Community

How do I remove info from devise so I can update.

START 52 Navigation devise. Says I need to delete content to do update. How do I do this?
Tagged:

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,589
    Superuser
    edited March 15
    Hi @ZiHelp

I assume that the update you wish to add is too big to fit on the internal memory. If you add a 16gb or maximum 32gb Micro SD Class 10 memory card, I suggest a Sandisk, Samsung or similar major make, in the extra memory slot and format it for Maps on there Start 52 then when you do the update the map it will be loaded onto the Extra memory card as it now has the available space. and so do not need to delete anything.

.https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1037555/where-to-find-the-memory-card-slot-on-your-device

Doug
  • ZiHelpZiHelp Posts: 4 [Novice Seeker]
    so there is no way to just delete un used info off the devise?
    Superuser
    edited March 15
    Hi @ZiHelp

You cannot delete the map if it is the only one or anything from the Operating software. You will be limited to the Voices and any saved routes which will be very small files so will make little difference and will only put off the problem until the next map update.

On reflection if you click on the Map in My Content in the My Drive Software are you offered smaller maps than the one you currently have. If any of them cover the area you need then that is your solution.

Doug
  • ZiHelpZiHelp Posts: 4 [Novice Seeker]
    Doug, Thank you. Got the memory card and now my devise is happy.
    Superuser
    Hi @ZiHelp

Glad you are sorted.

Doug