TomTom 620 Lifetime Map Update — TomTom Community

TomTom 620 Lifetime Map Update

A few days ago I have purchased above referenced device at Amazon. After connecting with MyDrive Connect, a message signalled that my lifetime update will expire beginning April 2021.
I was really pi...d There was no indication that this would happen. Even Amazon did not signal that.
I paid nearly 200€ and apparently was good for nothing.
I have an older device from 2013 and still get free updates. What kind of policy is this ? Is there a way the support can help me ? I don't want to start purchasing a subscription for map updates...

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,825
    Superuser
    Hi @YediPK

There should be no problem once @VikramK or @lampard pick this up tomorrow and sort the settings out for your device on the TT servers. Look back here to see what is said.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,678 Moderator
    Hi @YediPK

Welcome to the community!
    I have asked the team to fix the services for your TomTom, please do a soft reset and check for updates.

Regards, Vikram
  • YediPKYediPK Posts: 6 [New Seeker]
    Many thanks for the prompt response...
    I did the soft reset... that worked ok. After hooking the device back on to the computer and starting 'MyDrive Connect' on the PC, I did not find the TomTom Go620 anymore in the device list, so I tried to add it. A dialog popped with some instructions what to do : I went to MENU => SETTINGS (on my device) => MyDrive =>logged on to my account. The device signalled that it is logged on. So I went back to the dialog on the computer to continue with the final instruction and clicked on the command button to continue... but the dialog kept popping up again and again and again. ... I tired for two hours. Now I am really mad and frustrated...
    What goes wrong here ?
    Superuser
    Hi @YediPK

You do not need to connect your device to your PC for updates or maps etc unless you have no or poor Wifi

Having done the Soft Reset turn the GO620 on then Go to zip dates and New Items in the units Settings screen to see whether the updates now appear. If the do then do each update on its own and do a soft reset when you have done them to tidy up the units files.

When you connect your unit to a PC you get a screen saying Do it the easy easy and you cannot manage what happens on the device unless you use the menu options on the GO620.

Doug
    Hi...
    I connected my device via Wifi now.... just went to UPDATES & NEW ITEMS. It tells me that my Go620 is up to date. Does that sound ok to you ?
    Superuser
    Hi @YediPK

Tap Menu/Settings/System/About

What is the Application version and Date

Are the map all Country or region followed by v10.65.xxxxx

Doug
    Here are the requested infos:
    Application Version: 20.102.0003.411 (0) (18.02.2021)
    Map: Europe v1065.10703 (published 10/2020)

Is it possibe to inhibit the radar camera infos (not allowed in Germany) ?
    Superuser
    edited March 16
    Hi @YediPK

Latest Maps ad Operating system so up to date.

Re cameras see the following

https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013960499

Doug
    Many thanks ...
    Ok...it seems my device is up to date.
    When I directly connect my device to the computer why is it still impossible to add this device to my exisiting device list. I follow the pop-up instructions . After confirming, the instructions dialogbox keeps popping up again. I have disabled the Wifi feature of the device and using the Wifi of my PC instead.
    Superuser
    Hi @YediPK

I think that if you were t do a factory Reset the it is likely to then appear on your list of units. However let us see if @VikramK confirms this or whether he suggests a different solution. Look back here later to see what he has to say.

In essence the unit is designed to be used without the need of a PC except in certain circumstances. The connection of the unit to a PC which has My Drive Connect running is essentially to get a connection to the Internet as once connected you still have to use the menu options on the GO620 to manage the updating or adding of new items and maps. It is quite okay to use the device with the Wifi on it turned Off and only using it when updating.

One tip I would give you is to have a minimum of 2 maps on the device at all times. The device needs a working map on it to enable it to start/bootup so should you have an issue during an update of a map for example then you can lose the map. With the second map on the unit you are then able to easily start and run the unit normally and reload the map via Add a Map. I suggest Venezuela or Iraq as a couple to choose from as they are very very small and so take up no memory to speak of. Once you have done this then do all updates one at a time and when you have finished to is a good idea to do a Soft Reset to try up the files on the device.

Doug
    Hi
    Many thanks... I just connected my GO620 with the PC and MyDrive Connect. It's now working perfectly. I have the option to install a variety of maps etc.
    Many thanks for your patience.
    Superuser
    Hi @YediPK

Glad you are sorted.

Doug