Changing the E-Mail address on my tomtom device — TomTom Community

Changing the E-Mail address on my tomtom device

leomertens44leomertens44 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
edited March 30 in Travel lounge
The email address on my TomTom device is [email protected]
This address has expired and I passed on my new e-mail address [email protected] to TomTom.
This has also changed in MyDrive, etc.How can I change this on my navigation device so that I can be connected to MyDrive again. Now the old e-mail address is still in it and it will no longer be accepted

Mod edit:

Machine translated (Dutch)
Please don't post private or personal information on a public forum. Thanks!

Best Answer

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,561
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @leomertens44

To change the email on your device you need to do a factory reset and set the unit up again , including there new account information. This will result in you losing all your Data ie My Places, Routes an any 3rd party POI files you have added to the unit. Regarding the routes you can insert a small gb Micro SD Card and export the routes to it then import them back onto the unit or add via the new My Drive Account and provided you still have the files on the PC you can add the 3rd Party POI files into the new account.

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap System
    Tap Reset Device.

Doug

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,561
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @leomertens44

To change the email on your device you need to do a factory reset and set the unit up again , including there new account information. This will result in you losing all your Data ie My Places, Routes an any 3rd party POI files you have added to the unit. Regarding the routes you can insert a small gb Micro SD Card and export the routes to it then import them back onto the unit or add via the new My Drive Account and provided you still have the files on the PC you can add the 3rd Party POI files into the new account.

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap System
    Tap Reset Device.

Doug
  • leomertens44leomertens44 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    edited March 16
    Thank you

Mod edit: Machine translated (Dutch)