Traffic expired? — TomTom Community

Traffic expired?

Coach-levanteCoach-levante Posts: 3 [Novice Seeker]
Hi I recently purchased a professional 6250 with lifetime traffic but it shows expires soon? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Best Answer

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,186 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Coach-levante
    Welcome to the community!

I have asked the team to fix the services for your TomTom, please do a soft reset and check the status again.

Regards, Vikram

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,234
    Superuser
    Hi @Coach-levante

@VikramK or @lampard should pick this up and resolve any issue with your units settings on the TT servers. Look back here later to see what is said.

Doug
  • Coach-levanteCoach-levante Posts: 3 [Novice Seeker]
    Thanks for the info
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Coach-levante

I have asked the team to fix the services for your TomTom, please do a soft reset and check the status again.

Regards, Vikram
  • Coach-levanteCoach-levante Posts: 3 [Novice Seeker]
    I’ve done this and it worked thank you for your help
  • gielmsgielms Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi, I have just taken delivery of a new Go Premium. I thought this Sat Nav came with Lifetime Traffic and Cameras.
    When i look at the "about" screen it tells me that Traffic has expired and speed cameras are activated.
    Further more it tells me that my traffic subscription expired on 02/04/2019.
    Something is obviously wrong, perhaps some legacy info on my account
    Help Please.
    Hi @gielms

I have asked my team to fix the services for your TomTom, please do a soft reset and check again.

Regards, Vikram
  • KinrossKinross Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi. Similar to the above posters, my device no longer receives traffic information. The device came with a lifetime traffic package, but this has not worked for some time. I have done a full factory reset, but still no info received. The Network status on the device always shows GPRS Status disconnected.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,394 Moderator
    Hi @Kinross

Welcome to the Community! This mostly looks like an issue with the SIM card since there appears to be no connection for the last month. But to confirm, can you provide us with the GPRS status code?

You can find it on the device under Main Menu > Help > About. Find the header 'GPRS Status' and check if a code is mentioned there, something like this (20408,0,0,0,10,1)

Best, lampard
    Hi Lampard. Thanks for replying.
    The GPRS Status code is - Disconnected (23430,0,0,0,10,1)
    GPRS Model 16.00.152
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,394 Moderator
    Thanks, @Kinross !

Please contact our support via Chat/Email to get this fixed (mostly, they'll book a repair to swap SIM card).

Best, lampard
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,234
    Superuser
    Hi @Kinross

Try the following:-

Tap Support at the top of this page
    Sign in Top Right of next Page. (you have to do this)
    When signed in Tap Contact Us bottom right
    Help Box appears and after a few seconds Get in Touch also appears
    Tap Get in Touch
    You are now offered Chat or Email. If Chat is closed it will tell you the hours that it will be available.

Chat is busy you may have to try a few times
    If the above does not work as described then try another Web Browser..

Doug
    Eventually got through to the chat help line. After a tortuous Q&A session, the verdict was that the device was out of warranty and could not be repaired. They could however offer me a discount on a new purchase!

Having used Google Maps for traffic info while the tomtom was disconnected, I have come to trust it and now use it for navigation in heavy traffic. The stand-alone SatNav has had its day. I will not purchase another.
    edited April 23
    @Kinross
    I have sent a heads-up to our customer service. Someone from the team will follow up soon.

Thanks, Vikram