Updating the GO Discover 7 with Mydrive Connect — TomTom Community

Updating the GO Discover 7 with Mydrive Connect

Harmen1993Harmen1993 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
edited March 16 in GO Discover & GO Expert
Hello,

I cant use Mydrive Connect when i plug my Discover 7 inch with usb in.

If i couple it, there is a screen that i easily can connect with a original USB cable and Mydrive Connect.

I cant do anything with it.

How to fix this?

Best Answer

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,186 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Harmen1993

The maps on the GO Discover can only be updated or added using the Wi-Fi connection. The USB connection is not supported.

This means that it is not possible to update the device using the PC's internet connection via MyDrive Connect.

If the device is connected to a computer and MyDrive Connect is open, the ADD button will stay greyed out.

lst5oj1j5e97.png

When the device is connected to the Wi-Fi internet the 'Add' button is blue and clickable.

qavj8eyla1kc.png

Other updates, for example, software updates for voices can be updated using the wired internet connection(MyDrive Connect).
    It is just the NDS map format that does not support a USB connection.

Regards, Vikram

Answers

• rider1riderrider1rider Posts: 921 [Revered Pioneer]
    update it on wifi directly.
  • Harmen1993Harmen1993 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I know, but the GO 6200 got the same method.

You can use Mydrive for that.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,186 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Harmen1993

The maps on the GO Discover can only be updated or added using the Wi-Fi connection. The USB connection is not supported.

This means that it is not possible to update the device using the PC's internet connection via MyDrive Connect.

If the device is connected to a computer and MyDrive Connect is open, the ADD button will stay greyed out.

lst5oj1j5e97.png

When the device is connected to the Wi-Fi internet the 'Add' button is blue and clickable.

qavj8eyla1kc.png

Other updates, for example, software updates for voices can be updated using the wired internet connection(MyDrive Connect).
    It is just the NDS map format that does not support a USB connection.

Regards, Vikram